Hi, I'm Colin Sullivan and I publish a PAIN blog

…Chronic Pain Lifestyle, http://jackbauerdeclassified.typepad.com/chronic_pain_lifestyle/ . I’m in the final stages of working out the details of formally introducing CarePlace, and all of you who are looking for answers to your questions about what we’ve learned about enjoying life despite unrelenting pain.
Up until now, our readership has either found, or not the dynamic enviornment that only a forum can provide. Our site is primarily about the specific things we do in the course of a day. Most of our readers also suffer from arachnoiditis, and share their stories in an essay format. So far, this has worked for us. Truth be told, many of us left the world of forums not wishing to have to find a cliche to join; many of us found the “rules” of particular forums to be too restrictive. Let’s be honest, how can you really work-out your issues if you’re preoccupied with who’s going to be offended if you really speak my mind. So we created a very open format with one rule: don’t deliberately hurt someone. We also have one agenda: if you’ve got a problem that is so serious that it drives you to brave the keyboard, it’s okay with us. We just want fun, loving, active lives; we want to learn how some people have attained those things, because they have!
I want to actively promote CarePlace as a “friendly” enviornment where we have the opportunity to join with you folks. Together we may solve what we can’t solve if we’re apart. I’d ask you to swing by our site, drop a comment, read what we’re about. Within a week or so you’ll see a whole bunch of new names; people like you who struggle with the ups and downs of life. I look forward to getting to know you. God bless us all, Colin

Hello this is Catfish writing. I have chronic pain issues. I do not have cancer or anything like that. I have been VERY angry, insulted and outraged the way I have been treated by doctors. I went to one pain management MD, who would not give me anything for my pain but Elavil. Once I told him about my depression, arthritis and fibromyalgia. He said that fibromyalgia was a wastebasket diagnosis, and made some other insulting comments. I did tell him that I was disabled. I did not return to see this jerk. I reported him to the Office of Civil Rights, but they found him not guilty, along with the Board of Medicine in the State of Maryland. He also sent my records to two other MD.s without my written consent! That was OK to according to the Office of Civil Rights. It makes me so angry that these doctors just get away with whatever they do or say, or their actions!! And there is no one to prosecute them! They are never found guilty to be in trouble. They are always protected, and the patient (with the all the advocacy groups) really has NO RIGHTS! So, I went back to my primary MD, to get pain medicine (a drive of 4 hours). The only person concerned was my insurance company. It seems if you are a woman who has depression, & fibromyalgia your pain is NOT real, it is in your head. EXCUSE me, I think I know the difference between real pain here! My rheumatologist is no better either; and I told her in a letter that I WILL have pain relief and if she does not approve, I can go elsewhere. It’s no wonder people are buying it in the street with this attitude from doctors!! They all need to change their ways, and the government needs to butt out! Information between a patient and doctor is NONE of THEIR BUSINESS! I am only taking Tylenol #3 and Tramadol on a as needed basis here! I have seen the other patients in worse pain. If patients can’t get their pain medicine from doctors, they will get it on the street!! I am a RN, and have seen this. Pain needs ARE going to be met on way or another, the government needs to BACK OFF from doctors prescribing for patients that need pain medicine!! This is why they are afraid to prescribe pain medicine!! Heroin is available on the street! And that is superior pain for pain. Even more so than Morphine. I think it should be available for people in horrible pain/dying if nothing else is helping pain for them. It is inhumane to let people die/suffer like this! I realize I have got off the subject here, but it would interesting to find out if those people who were arrested, were getting drugs for people in pain in the family, who couldn’t get it elsewhere. Maybe not many, but I wonder. It seems there is NO JUSTICE AGAINST DOCTORS WHO WON’T PRESCRIBE MEDICINE FOR PEOPLE IN PAIN. In very upsetting when they won’t even believe you, that is why I wrote Civil Rights; I felt this MD was just discriminating me on my age,diagnosis, sex and disability. It just feels the systems in place never work for the citizen, they always protect the damned doctors! This is true, because when you go to try and find a lawyer, there are NONE that take on a doctor for being unprofessional!! I have been treated lousy for over twenty years now, and it makes me really angry that I have had NO justice. And when you report doctors to the state; they are found not guilty thing wrong.
Angry Still & Frustrated in Maryland.
Sincerely,
Catfish

Colin: I agree with you. I also have fibromyalgia. I also have Systemic Lupus. My rheumatologist will only give me Ultram for Pain. I tried Darvocette for pain but he would only let me take two per day and he lets me take three of the Ultram so when he made me chose between the two I chose the Ultram. I tried getting a second opinion from a rheumatologist in another town but unfortunately he agreed with my present rheumatologist. I am at a point where I am not sure what I am going to do. The way I see it I have very few choices.

LupyFib

Please go to upcspine.com
This will change your life.
Period.
Contact me with any questions.

Dr. Kevin Smith

On 6/19/07, catfish chronicpain-cpt4288@lists.careplace.com wrote:

I firmly believe in Chiropractic. It has helped me for over 31 years.
However the best form of chiropractic I have ever had and will only use, is an " Activator" chiropractor.

You can check it out at: Activator.com . The site explains the Activator and can also help you find a Dr. who uses this method. The Dr. uses an simple instrument called an activator, to move the vertebra into place, so there is no twisting, popping, snapping and all the other extremely aggressive movements that the older type of chiropractic uses.

I am walking today because of Chiropractic.

Since I changed to an “Activator Chiropractor” my adjustments are more effective and virtually painless. Finding out about this method, has helped greatly with the severe pain I have in my whole body. It also helped to get my body’s systems to get back on line, after being destroyed by all the pain meds I have to take.

I pray this info can help so many of the others here with their pain relief.

:>) zapp8084

I don’t understand why doctors won’t give us medication we need. I am seeing an actual pain medicine doctor and my first one had me on Norco then I got pregnant then no more pills as my hubby stole them from me and I got labeled. I am headed for neck surgery after four years of chronic pain that is more and more dehabilitating. I am thinking of leaving my group and going ot another HMO with a new pain doctor BUT as one member mentioned I am afraid they will pass on their opinion although my hubby already admitted he used the pills not me. Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks

Kathy Roulund

Date: 2007/06/19 Tue PM 01:49:05 CDT
To: ROLLINGROULUNDS@VERIZON.NET
Subject: Re: [chronicpain] Hi, I’m Colin Sullivan and I publish a PAIN blog…

Dear Kathy2,
I would lock up any more pain medicine you get. As to not let your hubby be temped again. You don’t want to let another relationship with another MD be tarnished because of him. I don’t think he can be trusted, and in the end they always look at the patient, not your hubby. It’s not worth the risk. Even if he says he won’t do it again, I would not leave pain medicine around for him where he can get it. Lock it up with a good lock. And tell your pain medicine MD this as well, as he did this before; took your medicine. Still, this makes you look suspicious, not him. I don’t mean to be judgemental here, I used to work in pain management and detox. You need to safeguard your drugs!
Sincerely,
Catfish
PS. You don’t want to be in pain, with NO medicine!

I had a problem with simeone taking my med’s also. I got a fire box. It is fireproof too so U can keep important papers in it.

It stopped the problem!

You can get one at Walmart for not a lot of money.
zapp8084