Hi, I'm new. Message me?

We just got a diagnosis of dyslexia/dysgraphia for our 6-year-old today. I’d appreciate talking to others since I’m a babe in the woods now. I can see that this board isn’t very busy, so I’d appreciate an email if you have the time.

Thank you in advance.

Hi. If you’re still looking for someone to talk to, I’d be happy to share some thoughts with you. I’m still pretty new at all of this, too but I’ve managed to learn a little. I found out my daughter has dyslexia when she was 6 also. She is now 10. I am homeschooling her and her 17 year old brother who was diagnosed with dyslexia at the same time as her. It’s been a long, hard struggle because there’s so much information out there but none of it seems to explain anything. Anyway, I’d love to talk when you have time.

Raelyn

I’d be willing to write also. My son has dyslexia and I’m sure my daughter may have a mild form of it, since they have similar struggles in school. I have read a lot of information, but am in no way an expert. I am probably confusing myself with it all. Now that I know, I just have to get him the help he needs. I say that like it’s going to be easy. I know it won’t, it hasn’t been so far.

Hey!!

If you’re still looking for people to talk to I would love to. I have dyslexia and auditory processing disorder (kinda the auditory form of dyslexia) so if you want to chat please message me on my profile.

Tracey, are you homeschooling your boys? How did you come to the conclusion they were dyslexic? Sometimes, since I’ve never taken her to a professional for testing, I wonder if I’m right about her being dyslexic or if I’m just crazy!

Raelyn

We just went for testing about two weeks ago and area awaiting results, although for my 9 yo it seems more of a formality than anything…would love to share thoughts and ideas…Tracey