HIV Member Introductions

I’m tired of feeling alone. I’ve known that I’m HIV+ for 22 years now, and I can’t be the only one. I’m tired of being the odd man out. I want to be a part of something, to know that others understand or at least want to understand. I want to stop feeling like its me against the world. I’ve started a blog, but it doesn’t make things better knowing that people who might try to relate are ignorant of it. I want attention and acceptance without that sad and dumbfounded look of hopelessness most people react with.
http://geocities.com/bowdenintown@sbcglobal.net/NonSequitursSoldCheap.html

i just been told by my doctor i have HIV.

I’ve been sick for weeks and I just learned I have HIV. I’m a divorced dad and scared. My heart pounds too. I don’t know if its related to HIV or not. I have a lot of questions and fears.

I want to know if i can have some shelter and income support as all my relatives have ditched me and if my life can be prolonged into old age as long as i take the medication

I have been diagnosed for 5 years now and would like to find out if others have similar or same symptoms of neck, shoulder and back pain as all the tests done so far tell me nothing.

I was diagnosed pos nearly 13 years ago and so far remain healthy without any meds.

I work full-time at a job I love, have a very supportive (and large) family, am able to travel, and indulge in fun things like photography, jazz, working out at the gym etc.

I feel very blessed. In general I’m a happy and upbeat guy who gets along with and meets people easily wherever I go.

However like many other single HIV+ people I have problems with a sense of isolation, developing close friendships, and intimate relationships.

For example, I’ve enjoyed success and several promotions in my career during the past 10 years but have to keep people at arm’s length , knowing that if they (my job) knew I was HIV+ I would not be given these opportunities.

Otherwise I am determined to remain a positive person who is an encouragement to all I encounter in life.

And that starts with seeing everyday as a gift, and learning to be thankful. As we all should be.

It not only improves our quality of life,  but it’s the right thing to do.

I’ve learned a lot since becoming pos. And can tell you that at 52, it’s great to be alive.

Sometimes writer, sometimes activist. Full time parent to two adorable ferrets. Often blond.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.