Honey healing for Dercums Disease!

Just to let eveyrone know! I have been applying raw unprocessed honey to my incisions and old scars! It is really working! For me at least! It has taken the redness out! YAHOO! A little honey on a steril 4x4 overnight . I am a diabetic and have major trouble healing.

NOT THIS TIME!!! Experimenting on my own ! HAHA!
Hugs
Jan

I’m going to try some on the strange scar from my lipoma biopsy!

I posted this on a different post. I want to make sure everyone reads this. This totally supports what Jan is saying.

Substantial evidence demonstrates that honey, one of the oldest healing remedies known to medicine, produces effective results when used as a wound dressing. A review article in the most recent issue of SAGE Publications’ International Journal of Lower Extremity Wounds summarizes the data.

[More:]

Scientists performed 22 trials involving 2,062 patients treated with honey, as well as an additional 16 trials that were performed on experimental animals. Honey was found to be beneficial as a wound dressing in the following ways:

• Honey’s antibacterial quality not only rapidly clears existing infection, it protects wounds from additional infection
  • Honey debrides wounds and removes malodor
  • Honey’s anti-inflammatory activity reduces edema and minimizes scarring
  • Honey stimulates growth of granulation and epithelial tissues to speed healing

The review article was written by Dr. P.C. Molan of New Zealand’s University Waikato. He noted that, although the many randomized controlled clinical trials strongly support the use the honey in wound care; the trials may not have been double-blind. Of course, double blind testing would be difficult to achieve because honey is a very recognizable substance.

Molan concludes, “the barrier to using honey that has existed for many clinicians who have been constrained to using only licensed products has been removed now that honey is available in the form of various sterile products licensed for use in wound care. Clinicians should check the evidence that exists to support the use of honey.”

Hi Christine,

Would you mind also posting this on the other groups? We have a few ladies there who aren’t on here, and several have wounds healing right now.

thanks and hugs,
Pamela

This is so interesting as I am a diabetic also. I was diagnosed with venous stasis today. Finally! Now I know what is wrong with my feet and legs. They are purple-red all the feet and halfway up my leg. It is from the valves in my feet don’t work right so the blood and water stay in my feet and stagnate. The doctor said it will all turn brown eventually and I have to watch for ulcers. She said to wrap my feet the first thing every morning and keep my feet up higher than my heart as much as I can. Just another disease they can’t really do anything about. I am worried about losing my feet! Hugs to all, Grandma Sylvia

Oh Sylvia, I am sorry about your feet, that is awful! I feel so bad for you and wish I could fix everything!!! I don’t like feeling helpless, so I guess all I can do is pray for the best.

I’m going to try the honey. It is good that it is working for you Jan! I bet my dogs will love me when I try it. One of my chihuahuas used to have low blood sugar (as a pup, she was a runt with many problems) I used to give her honey as a treat. She loved it. I wonder if dog spit helps healing, haha (I hope so, I will probably be licked a lot)

That is very scary, Sylvia!

I am so sorry you have another thing to deal with. Be sure and do what the doctor said faithfully. Your diabetes already makes you high risk in that area.

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

I love you guys! You make me tear up with your sweet concern. I agree that it was meant for us to find each other. Too bad it took such a bad thing to bring such good people together. We have definitely learned to be compassionate and the bond that we feel is a beautiful thing. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Sylvia,
My prayers are with you as always. I know you will take good care of yourself. You love your family and those Grandaughters too much to risk not being here as long as you can. You are wonderful loving soul who has so much to give I know God will keep you around for a long time. We all need you. I bet he has a lot more plans for you.

Hugs and Love,
Brennie