How is Everyone doing in 2023?

Hi…thank you so much for emailing me back in regard to my tmau story. I am sorry I did respond sooner but I try not to be constantly complaining or thinking about my condition. I have this for a long time so I pretty much know what to expect from people who don’t have it but it still hurts. I think my biggest problem is knowing that others know how bad I smell at times if the products I am using is not working.

I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way that I try to keep this thing under a wrap but there it goes again. You are not complaining just stating facts about what’s happening to you. I love to dance but dancing means sweating. I love people although most would say I am antisocial cause I don’t go around others much. I stay away from a lot of invites to lunch, dinner, family functions. I am too ashamed to give them my true explanation that I start to sweat and will smell up the place in a couple of hours. It’s true and sad and hurts to even write but it is what I experience. So I’m just saying I understand. I have tried a lot but sometime somethings work other times they don’t. Just saying all of this to let you know you are not alone. This is why we need this space to talk to one another who don’t have as much success as others. Just asking wonder if anyone has tried that deodorant for the whole body Lume. I haven;t yet. emotionally I am tired of being me so bad. But again I know I have blessings beyond what I can speak of. I hope you had a good week and I try to keep it mind each day this too shall pass. take care, write back when you can. I pray for us all.

1 Like

Yes I have tried lume products. The deodorant is okay if it is good in the winter months but during the summer I use both the deodorant and cream…little expensive. If I am experiencing the old familiar smell, the fishy smell, none of their products work for me. I just considered that my “bad day” until it wears off. I feel that during menopause its gotten worse for me.

1 Like

You are so beautiful and brave!!! That’s the one thing I think about when I feel sad and hopeless’ I think to myself’ my son needs me… I have to survive and live for him’ my child is my inspiration… and I hope being part of this forum’ helps!!! Keep going to work, keep holding your head high’ beautiful strong woman and mother’ you have the courage to endure anything!!!

Hello,

My dear friend, yes I’ve tried lume products and I personally think it seems to work for a few moments but it’s not the answer’ not for me anyway. I’m the same way, I just stay out of the way. I know I would be such an outgoing person if I weren’t burdened with this curse. And it’s weird because when I’m home and relaxed and comfortable’ I don’t seem to smell anything. It’s just when I go out and get anxious and hot. So as long as I stay home, I’m safe. I’m scared and nervous about going to the gym too. I’m invited to a function on Sunday and I’m terrified. I took a laxative and I’m taking vitamin b and zinc to help. I’ll drink some chlorophyll throughout the day today and hope my body will be prepared for tomorrow… if at first you don’t succeed dust yourself off and try again. So much thought goes into this, have you tried to change your diet? and have you been successful? I try and can’t stick with it! I love eggs and cheese. I can live without red meat but we supposed to get rid of all things dairy, that’s hard. If I didn’t have to worry about this I would be a successful person. This condition can be so depressing at times. However, I refuse to give up, I refuse to let this condition take my life away. Let’s all keep fighting!

Hey Faith1,

Hope all is well with you, and you are experiencing a wonderful day today!

Don’t give up, keep trying! Diet changes, body wash products, I bought a scrubbing brush for my showers instead of a cloth that seems to help a lot.

Hey David,

Hope all is well, please check in when you get a chance, let us know you are alright and still fighting!!!

Hello Suzy,

Hope your daughter is doing well, please let us know all is well when you get a chance, we are all here to support one another and shower each other with kindness and love.

Hey Everyone,

We are 8 months into 2023. Has anyone found successful ways to improve body odor? If there are any success stories for 2023 please friends share them with us! And if anyone needs to talk please feel free to let us know, I am open to speaking to you all with hopes to help uplift you!

thanks for all replies, I feel good to talk cause really can;t talk with my immediate family they think it’s all in my head cause they havent heard how people who smell the odor at workplace and place of worship whisper. So I need to hear from others that I am not just have a poor psyche episode. I think the scrub brush is a good idea thought about it never tried. I also have eczema so have to be careful. I just don’t know and my guilt is beyond what I can explain for not going around others. I am supposed to go to a convention this weekend. I haven’t gone yet and last day is tomorrow. It’s unfortunate but I do have one excuse I have a cold which freaks everyone out these days. No fever but still Guilt of not going places high as I don;t go anywhere, a shower only lasts me about an hour and most people or no one feels comfortable pulling you to the side- to let you know you have an issue. That has got to be the most awkward conversation in the world. I’m sorry for venting but I want to be part of somethings and can’t. I am older -60+ and sure that doesn’t help. I let my nerves get the best of me, ashamed to use anyone’s bathroom-eso, the multi stall ones in convention centers so just a big ball of nerves. Again sorry to vent so often. Got no where else I can feel safe venting. Going thru one this weekend. Writing in tears. Love you all.

My dear sis we are in the same boat. I did not go to my convention for the same reason. I was able to get it stream. This is my cell number, 410-818-9543. I can text the link to you so you can see all 3 days…tmau is real

So yesterday was a good day! I did my best to stay calm, it was almost 80 degrees and I didn’t stink up the place. I took vitamin b and zinc, some days are good! I focused on being helpful and professional. My cousin was invited to host a popup shop for her Sea moss business… We sold a lot! I started taking sea moss as well, I take it every night and it seems to keep me regular. So I took 3 precautions, a laxative the day before, vitamin b and zinc, and a scrub brush shower to scrub away any bacteria. Things went well! If anyone tries this method please let me know of your results! Love you guys; lets make sure we also acknowledge the good times!

hi everyone, hope every is ok and living life best as possible. I’m up late and brain won’t shut down. I’m ok good days, not so good days. Need to get out of my head at times. as I start to think back of embarrassing moments. I have to tell myself that I just can’t change the pass and try to do better in the present and future. hope you all are doing well, staying warm at this time of year. I am staying in away from others unfortunately just for the fear of nothing working long anyways. Well take care and hope to hear how some are doing. Each one can teach one. take care

Hi…thanks for reaching out to everyone. I think we all have our moments with this condition. I know for myself I do. Its funny how people will talk about you in a crowd but won’t kindly confront you by yourself. I have experienced this and it is so discouraging. I can’t tell my real friends from my false ones. Sometimes I wish I had never met so many people. So I don’t have to agonize over the embarrassment. I did find a new soap that seems to be lasting a little bit longer. It is by Sallyender.com . It is called “black soap”. She has a large supply of different kinds of products for the body. A little expensive but you can wash your whole body plus your hair with this soap. It is definitely different from anything I have tried in the stores. It keeps the smell away little longer. Please take care and stay strong.