Hypothroidism

ya, im glad he tested me for it. ive been taking antidepressants now for sometime and im actually upset that i wasnt diagnosed earlier. Since I’ve been researching about hypot, i think ive had it for years. my gp dr said they test you when your pregnant, but my ob never said anything about it. I had many complications when pregnant and it seems like it was because of being hypot. Ive read that it lowers a child’s iq when the mom has undiag hypo. My son is pretty smart, but makes me mad that it may of affected him. I’m also mad that it took forever for them to test especially since ive been taking antid for 5 years, my mom has hashimoto’s (i wasnt aware of this until researching myself and discussed it with her, but we have the same dr and he knew) and i could of lived a lot easier instead of suffering with depression and hypo so long. ive had these symptoms basically since i was a teen and over the years gotten worse. im going to have my son tested next time he goes to the dr for it wont be the same for him. i go to the dr next tuesday and im going to ask my dr about getting t3 as well since ive read it really helps people especially with depression feel significantly better. ive already added your group on yahoo. i actually used to be veggie, but now i eat poultry as well. im mad that i never knew that soy was a goiteroid before last week and i ate it all the time! thanks for your info, i appreciate it

oioipunkrawkgrrl, what you want to ask for is FREE T3 and FREE T4. Not just T3 and T4. It’s the free’s that are important. Most or many people feel the best if their freet3 is at the top 3rd and their free t4 is at least mid range. However, many doctors are not intereste in seeing the frees, they only care about TSH. Don’t be surprised if you’re doctor looks at you like you have two heads, and does not test your frees.

I think I have been hypo for years as well, and worse when preggo with my children. My tests have always showed me to be normal, becuase my TSH was normal. So I thought I was normal. I thought it was all in my head. Now I am taking Armour and I feel so much better than I used to.