I Dropped My Chicken Soup

Hey everyone,
I was just letting you know that I Dropped My Chicken Soup: Stories about Multiple Sclerosis is available for sale. The book contains stories and poems from over 70 people. (Thank you to everyone who made this book possible) If your interested check out my myspace page www.myspace.com/msstories

Hi Rebeka
Thanks for the advance notice. I’d like to order 2 (two) copies - the other being for our MDL Library in Blackburn, Victoria.
I know only too well how agonising the publishing process can be - so you’ve done well to survive (I hope) intact. Even apart from my selfishness, I’m always in favour of practical/commonsense stories like this to show the rest of the world that we are very human. There is another book down here by an MS person who survives and even races ocean yachts in her Chair - She’s Anna Healey, and I think the story’s called ‘Why NOT Me?’ Down here, we’ve just witnessed a 13-part TV show illustrating wehat it is really like - and the host (Dx for 25 years, like me) ended up taking the whole crew into hospital with him for a relapse…
I am mentally constructing my next, very insightful Presidential Review even as I speak. The Book Must make a good Xmas present for someone.
How can I best order my 2 copies, I wonder?..regards…ds
----- Original Message -----
To: sullivs@iprimus.com.au
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:37 AM
Subject: [ms] I Dropped My Chicken Soup

Hi Rebeka
First, I trust you had a thoroughly restful and productive Holiday Break (I know better than to call it Christmas).
Second, I have before me a fresh new copy of YOUR BOOK ! It really does look the Full Quid, as they say Down Here, and you must be pleased. Of course, I immediately wanted to take my bit back and start again - since I omitted all sorts of useful stuff - but let it rest.
On a couple of small issues, your next edition may care to absorb these:
1 You mention 4 categories. I’m reliably informed (by a Doctor who has MS Herself) that another category is also widely recognised - the ‘Longterm Stable’, with minimal incident. I was recently in touch with a woman over here who was Dx 60 years ago - now she has a story ! I see myself as a real, or aspiring, Longterm Stable.
2 Overall numbers: over here, we express it as 0.1%, or 1 in a 1000. Shows it is not a huge proportion, but still a significant number - and growing. Everybody knows at least 1.
3 ‘What Causes It’ My understanding of the recent US/French work seems to definitely pinpoint 2 elements of our DNA - probably too late for your use.

There was only one clear ‘literal’ - although I can understand why you thought ‘I made it clear leaving would be premature’ instead of ‘J made it clear…’ - Jane rather than me - but no harm done, and yes, I really am that selfish - how did you know?.
And finally - how on earth did you fix an apparently individual signature?? I can’t believe you’ve signed every single copy !!

Otherwise, my picky journalist partner immediately picked up some small items, but I won’t wear you down. My vision is lousy nowadays, but I’ll find a way to take it all in eventually. I’m in touch with plenty of PwMS (People with…) including one young lady in Buenos Aires - isn’t the Internet useful!
Perhaps an electronic version? my ‘PleaseRead’ will read anything that can appear on screen. Or then, perhaps you have a Large Print Edition under construction…yeah, right…
Very best wishes and Love…ds

Hi Rebeka
After recieving my copy a little while ago, I want to let you lmow that I find it a thoroughly complete collection to act as a ‘signpost’ in the strange world that we inhabit. I believe I have persuaded the MS Library at Blackburn, Victoria to buy a copy - as soon as they have the resources.
I was especially impressed at the individual signing in the front. My partner has at last finished her 104,000 word epic all about the Australian visit of Tom Thumb and the The Little People, by way of P T Barnum. We’ll be happier still when (not if) it is published. Meanwhile, she points out to me that I’m the only International Author in the House !
Best wishes…David Sullivan…PwMS(V)