I have just been diagnosed and dont know any thing about it

I have just been diagnosed with hep c and have no clue about any of it. My dr said that i should just eat right and drink plenty of water and maby i would get better and maby i wouldnt. He is a medicaid dr and dont act like he cares bout his patients. He said my liver function was good, but there is nothing i could do because i couldnt afford medicine. I dont know how its spread or if i can give it to my husband or if i already have. I would appreciate any information that you guys could give me. Thanks

Get your viral load, genotype first…if the doctor didn’t do these simple blood tests perhaps you should think about a different doctor, Beincharge.com is a place to start. But be smart, get your test results any blood work he did, from your last doctor first. Perhaps you didn’t understand the doctor???Did he give you any information sheets about infection.? The financial help comes from the pharmaceutical company. Not the State. Especially Texas. Other states do have programs for Hep C but all states use the same pharmaceutical companies. They give you the drugs free. But you have to have a dr. prescribe the meds. Go back to the doctor with Beincharge.com info and maybe he will be more willing to get you started since he knows you can get meds free.
tm2tRiver