I just need to know others feel the same way I do

I am depressed and can’t sleep …So I joined this group…I want to see if others are having similar problems since I tend to think I’m unique when deep down inside I know there are probably many others in similar situations.

Yes, I have experienced your feelings for many, many years. It wasn’t until I was diagnosed with bipolarII and my pdoc adjusted my meds that I began to feel halfway normal again. For many years I was treated for depression and anxiety by my “old” doc.

I continued to have problems with insomnia, which I’ve suffered as long as I can remember. Trazodone (anti-depressant) is the only thing that has helped my insomnia. Thanks to Sammi’s recommendation!! I’m no longer up and wide awake at 2-3:00 in the morning and can sleep ALL night long. I’m also on Lamictal, Prozac and Xanax as needed for anxiety.

Ask your doc to experiment with some other medhead cocktails to get it right. It took my doc several tries before I became stable. I feel GREAT! :slight_smile:

Superchick,
You are unique! Some of us share a few similar issues, but that does not take away your individual uniqueness.
I too, have difficulty sleeping, especially on shot nights. I am up almost every hour to pee, and try to keep the body aches at bay.
I am a sleepy head today, with a dumb ole headache. So when your up ~ talk to the world, write, run warm water over your hands and wrists, just know you’re not alone and you’re loved.
tm2tRiver

I AM DEPRESSED ALOT AND ESPECIALLY LATELY CANNOT SEEM TO FIND ANY RELIEF. YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN HOW YOU FEEL. I HAVE MANY SLEEPLESS NIGHTS. I DON’T WRITE MUCH DOWN BUT I PROBABLY SHOULD MORE AS IT HELPS PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE. YOU HAVE FRIENDS HERE THAT ARE WILLING TO LISTEN SO JUST SHARING WILL HELP IMMENSELY.
CYNDI

I HAVE NOT HAD A GOOD NITES SLEEP, SINCE MY HUSBAND PASSED IN JULY 06…NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME,I THOUGHT DEPRESSION, ANXIETY,LONLINESS,ALSO HAD A CABIN FIRE IN OCT O6 AT OUR CABIN IN THE N.C. MTNS,THEN MY X SONINLAW TOOK HIS LIFE IN JAN O7,MY LIFE TURNED UPSIDE DOWN,I HAVE ONE DAUGHTER THAT LIVES HERE IN TOWN,BUT THEY CAN’T HELP MY LONLINESS,I HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYDAY DECISIONS…IT IS SO WONDERFUL TO TELL SOMEONE HERE ON CAREPLACE,MY SALVATION,HUGS/CHAR

Char,

I am also struggling with sleeping and eating, too, since my husband passed
away on Valentines Day of this year. I try to take it one day at a time,
but sometimes it feels like one day is even too much for me. I can totally
relate to living in an upside down world. Hang in there and know you are
not alone. Take care, Maddy.

----- Original Message -----
To: maoki@nctv.com
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [anxiety] I just need to know others feel the same way I do…

I know how you feel. I was feeling the same way. The combination of meds. I am on are really helping. I take Wellbutrin for depression, Klonopin for anxiety, Inderal for anxiety and Elavil to take at bedtime to help me sleep. I am so glad I finally found something that helps me. I know it is so hard feeling this way. Just keep trying to find the right med or meds. for you. There is something out there that will help you. I was so scared to go on all of these meds but I am so thankful I finally gave in and took them. I can actually go out and have fun and most of all sleep. I really hope you feel better soon. Take care…

Angel