I messed up

I am 4 months pregnant and got really frustrated with my boyfriend and started hitting him. He left me because of it. Now i’ve sunken into this deep depression where I cry all day long and I am afraid to get help because I have a daughter and I don’t want anybody to take her away from me because of depression. I messed up so bad and he won’t even talk to me. I feel so alone and don’t know what to do. Any suggestions…

Honestly, my first response is - are you seeing a doctor to be physically healthy for your baby and yourself? My second response is - are you being treated for depression like you need to be (it actually is possible to be treated while you are pregnant, and it is NECESSARY for you)? And my third, most important, response is - please seek anger management counseling. This will not only help you to not make that mistake again, but it will prove to people around you that you are serious about making positive changes in your life… good luck!

Please don’t be embarrassed - seeking help is a strength not a weakness. Think of it this way - if you had cancer and didn’t get it treated, you would die… while one always hopes that won’t happen, it can happen with depression as well… you CAN be treated for depression while you are pregnant and it will make you a better, stronger, healthier mother… waiting will only let your depression get a LONGER LASTING, MORE UNBREAKABLE hold on you. I know from experience. Please get help now, for your sake and the sake of your children. I do not believe that anyone will try to take your daughter from you, however, if you do have an anger problem, and it does go untreated, let me just say - the right thing is to always seek treatment, ignoring it or hiding it or running from it will not make it go away.

punkrockgirl is right. asking for help is not a sign of weakness. It takes more to ask then trying to do it your self.