I need help

Hi. My name is Madeliene and I live in the UK. My 32 year old son has been diagnosed with Bipolar four years ago and since then has gone down hill rapidly. He was made redundant and sleeps most of the day. He drinks beer like its going out of fasion and also smokes dope. He sees the doctors on a regular basis, but nothing seems to help. He has even been in an addiction ward in the hope that would sort him out. He has a partner and three lovely children aged 6, 5 and 16 months and I am sorry to say that they are moving out next week as his partner cannot take any more. They never argue, but my son doesnt do a thing and sleeps most of the day and is up most of the night. I dont know if he will be able to cope with the house on his own or how he is going to cope with all the household bills etc. I dont think he is capable of looking after himself. I can have him stay with me for a few days, but he is not keen, and neither is my husband, although I am sure my son will stay for a while. I am going out of my mind with worry and dont know what to do. Can anyone advise?

maybe this is what he needs to snap him back to reality im sure it has been hard on his partner you dont know what you have until it is gone

Thank you so much for your story, and I am happy to hear that there could be a happy ending. I wish you every luck in the world with your new job, and hope life comes good for you.
As for my son, well his partner and children moved out yesterday and, at the moment, he is feeling a little sorry for himself. I know he still loves her and he has told me that he is going to do everything in his power to get her back. So I am hoping that this is what will shake him up and get him back on the straight and narrow.
He is such a lovely person - nice looking with a brilliant personality. He has just gone to pieces since being diagnosed with Bipolar and cant seem to get to grips with anything.
His partner is being fantastic and is supporting him in every way, but she wants her own space. She says she loves my son like a brother, not partner, so I can see her point of view too.
But I am very grateful to hear from you and you have cheered me up more than you will ever know.
Madeliene