I need your prayers... please

I always thought that buying a house was going to be a happy time. I’m not stupid… I knew stressful times were going to happen… but overall, I thought it would be a good experience.

Today we were supposed to close… the SECOND ATTEMPT. The first time it got postponed because there were problems with the appraisal. This time is because of the sellers.

They found out they had to bring a cashiers check for a little more than $10,000 to the closing to pay off their mortgage. Apparantly, they owed more money than they were selling the house for. Well, I don’t know why they JUST found this out… why they didn’t know this before the last closing was supposed to happen…

Bottom line? They don’t have the money. They can’t get the money either. So, their answer to the problem? they moved their things BACK into the house and decided they just weren’t going to sell the house. THEY CAN’T DO THAT!!! They signed the contract. So if they don’t sell us the house, we are going to sue them. I don’t know why they don’t know they can be sued.

SO, everyone involved - Us, our agent, our lender and thier agent - but NOT the stupid sellers - are trying to come up with a solution. Here’s what came up. The seller’s agent is going to give up his commission of $8100. OUR lender is going to give up their fee of $1400. WE are going to pay $1000. and our agent is going to pay a couple of hundred. All of us are doing this so these people have the money to pay off their mortgage. Everyone is really doing this for us, so we can have our house… AND so the sellers don’t get sued. It seems to me like everyone EXCEPT the damn sellers are working hard to come up with a solution to this…

BUT!!! The whole thing lies on the company the selling agent works for - Frontier GMAC Real Estate Company. The person in charge there has to say it’s ok for them to give up the commission because that whole $8100 doesn’t go to just the agent… in fact, only about 2 or 3 thousand of it does. So, it’s up to this person, who is for some reason, out of commission today (of course) We wont find out until tomorrow… I hope.

If this works out, then we will be able to move into our house by the weekend. If not…

All our things are packed. Someone is moving into this house this weekend. We HAVE to be out of our house TOMORROW. I have no idea where we are going. Our phone is disconnected already so it can transfer to the new house tomorrow. Our mail is already being forwarded over there.

I don’t think I have ever been more stressed out than I am today. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring for my family. We will probably be putting our things into storage and staying in a hotel. This is the worst nightmare i have ever had.

I would truly appreciate being in your prayers. I need all the help I can get. Thank you for listening (reading).

Anywhere family is will be home.

SUE YOU ARE IM MY PRAYERS. THIS IS SO UNFAIR THAT YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS. I JUST HOPE EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT. STAY STRONG…SAMMI

here’s to getting your house and all going smoothly for you and yours. So sorry for such a major headache. hang in there.

I really don’t think we will be getting this house. I drove by today and they were bringing boxes from the garage back into the house still.

This totally sucks… this was my dream house. I had every intention of living there until I grow old. Trying to find a new house will stink because i know nothing will compare. This house was perfect in my eyes.

Fooey

I’m so sorry to hear that Sue. Some people are just dense. I hope everything works out for you:)
~Katie

I, too, hope that everything works out for you. I know the stress must be enorm ous. I’m hoping that a “miracle” happens for you and that you get the house of your dreams. Keep trying!

Dear Just Sue,

I will be saying a prayer for you everyday. We tried to buy a house two years ago, what a pain it was. The seller was not very honest, so we backed out. I can understand the pressure. Good Luck, and I hope God blesses you with this new house.

kitkat