I seem to be hyper sympathetic

Part of my problem (other then the major depression and anxiety) is I feel others emotional imbalances. Case in point, I was at a friends house today sitting around talking when he started to slur his speech, couldnt finish sentances, then stopped talking altogether. Turns out he had a reaction due to low blood sugar and the fact he’s been diabetic since he was a child. So I left, and had a series of panic attacks the likes I’ve not had in a long time. I still feel the impact of those attacks as I write this; jitters, fluctuating levels of depression and anxiety, etc. Anyone else have these kind of problems? And if so, what do you do for them?

i know when other people experience anxiety i pick up on it and also experience that anxiety. i think it is part of this hyperarousal system that people with anxiety have. it it often people or things in our environment which trigger panic attacks and anxiety. this can include neutral stimuli, things that you might not connect with the anxiety but are random triggers.

WEll i have a son who is mentally ill,and when he comes to me talking about his bad feelings that he has,like hearing voices,being depressed,or scared,it at times can be a trigger for my panic attacks.And to me it’s worse because he’s my son.I have had anxiety that happen’s when ia’m with a girlfriend who is very over weight.She tells me she feels sick all the time and that will set me off.It seems that my panic attacks are triggered much easyer these days with little or no stimuli.Case in point: i was at a quiet small fishing pier with,my husband and son,and we were fishing,I was thinking that it was very warm out in the sun,and felt panic comeing on,so i went and sat in the shade,to try and calm myself thru deep breathing and took my atavan.So i do feel that how you see other people and what they are going thru and how you feel about certain things,for me it was the heat,and if you think about it and think about it, it can get to you.So i try to distract myself as best i can,and that sometimes helps.As far as depression,i have just started with it.I think it’s because of my panic attacks and what my son is going thru.My husband is also going blind,he has RP.So all of this is might be why i go thru this.I hope to get thru this someday,and live a more happy life…Diane