If I ever commit suicide.... please blame my so called pain management doctor

What ??? stop sending you e-mails - I was unaware that I had - but I’ll be
certain not to in the future. Who is Shelby anyways?

-----Original Message-----
From: shelby [mailto:chronicpain-cpt2575@lists.careplace.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 4:51 PM
To: lin5123@cablespeed.com
Subject: Re: [chronicpain] If I ever commit suicide… please blame my so
called pain management doctor.

It seems that I’ve upset some people here and I apoligize for that. My message was a reply to Sue, who was expressing suicidal thoughts, not everyone else that took it personally. Looks like I’ve touched a sore spot in some folks… Chronic pain sucks, and I was trying to suppot a woman where I’ve been with my pain at times, at the end of my rope, it wasn’t for everyone and I wasn’t assuming you all are suicidal, and, Sue, I’m sure that your venting your frustration. It seems my post got cut off and started again. That was my first post on a “support” forum? Well, welcome me! Than-you Spitit River for saying something nice to me. Sorry for all the offense this caused, and I’ll try not to bother you people anymore. This wasn’t a friendley welcome, and I was sharing from the bottom of my heart my most painful and hopeful thoughts I could. SORRY!!!

hi, i just wanted to say some of the people are getting snappy with there responses in here.i myself get about 5 or 6 emails a day.let me clear this up for those of you that dont understand. you cant tell someone to"stop sending me emails"no-one is sending you emails. the careplace forum is automaticly sending the emails out to everyone who has ever responded to this site.if you notice, after the email, it does say’to control emails,click here". thats what you do, get ahold of careplace if you no longer wish to receive emails about support any longer.i was confused at first too, but when i started getting emails from people i never even talked to before, i knew careplace was automaticly sending out the emails.there is no reason to yell at people, we are just talking, or replying, hoping to maybe help someone. if you dont want to be a part of this, get yourself off the list!just wanted to clear that up. on a better note, hope everyones having a tolerable day today. lee

Consider trying hypnotherapy, or autosuggestion, (self hypnosis) using a tape recorder: see http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris on page 3 for links. There are also electronic stimulation devices that you wear, which interfere with pain messages, by the use of harmless electrodes. Seek a second, or even a third opinion, or attend a pain clinic. Best wishes, Jacko.

Let’s play nice. We are all here to get or give help. Not to hurt and judge.

It is very hard living with the pain we do. Let’s not make it worse by making this place of support, a place of stress.

Smile even if you don’t feel like it :>) It’s good for us.

Smiles to you all,

zapp8084 :>)

I’m sorry I did not know that you get them automatically from CarePlace until I received the same messages and changed my profile so I don’t get them only on Susac’s Syndrome. Thank you everyone!!!
Linda

----- Original Message -----
Date: Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:30
Subject: Re: [chronicpain] If I ever commit suicide… please blame my so called pain management doctor.
To: lindahamilton@insightbb.com

~--------------- sent via
careplace.com
~-~ leana posted the message below in the Chronic Pain Community
Forum.
~-~ The entire conversation can be found here:
http://www.careplace.com/forum/topic/2575
~-~ To respond to this message, reply to this email or sign in
to CarePlace.com
~-~ To start a new conversation, email
chronicpain@lists.careplace.com or sign in to CarePlace.com
~-~ To see leana’s profile, go here:
http://www.careplace.com/view/leana
~--------------- all text below this
line will be cut off in your reply

hi, i just wanted to say some of the people are getting
snappy with there responses in here.i myself get about 5 or 6
emails a day.let me clear this up for those of you that dont
understand. you cant tell someone to"stop sending me emails"no-
one is sending you emails. the careplace forum is automaticly
sending the emails out to everyone who has ever responded to
this site.if you notice, after the email, it does say’to control
emails,click here". thats what you do, get ahold of careplace if
you no longer wish to receive emails about support any longer.i
was confused at first too, but when i started getting emails
from people i never even talked to before, i knew careplace was
automaticly sending out the emails.there is no reason to yell at
people, we are just talking, or replying, hoping to maybe help
someone. if you dont want to be a part of this, get yourself off
the list!just wanted to clear that up. on a better note, hope
everyones having a tolerable day today. lee

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to
http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

To Pippy440-I have been signed up for a couple of weeks and receiving e-mails from several communities. I haven’t responded to one single e-mail or gotten involved in a group discussion. Please don’t stop being involved. Alot of people can be very judgemental and quite oviously misread good intentions. I for one crave infor. on chronic pain but remain reserved in my communications. I also have Post-Polio Syndrome for which I was in counseling for several months until my ins. ran out. I am not eligible for state aid and I can’t get Medicare for another year, so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.But I know I need help with coping skills, hence “CarePlace” and kind people like yourself.Please stay involved. You touch more people than you realize.Kori G.

Pippy440 chronicpain-cpt2575@lists.careplace.com wrote:

at the risk… of throwing FUEL on a SMOLDERING FIRE… i would like to share the following…

this it one of the few countries… that makes “assisted suicide” a criminal act (consider, Dr. Kervorkian… the “so called” Angel of Death… recently released from prison, due to his own advanced age, and poor state of health)!!!

(to say nothing, of the “guilt tripping”… that so-called “well meaning” individuals “heap” on the “surviving family members”… about “god” and “eternal damnation”… and all of that “other” cr*p)!!!

in other parts of the world… where people suffer from insufferable pain… (both physical and emotional)… the practice of “euthenasia” is considered an “act of compassion” and “understanding”… sweden, norway, parts of the middle east, and india… to name just a few!!!

only, in this country… where, when DEATH happens… either, through NATURAL CAUSES or ASSISTED… doctors “consider themselves” (and their “attempts”… at “healing practice”)… an UTTER FAILURE… if “the PATIENT DIES”!!!

(possibly, because “the doctors” and “the hospitals”, STOP receiving INSURANCE MONEY… that too… may have something GREATER… to do with that mindset… than, the mere ENDING OF LIFE, and, DEATH of an individual person)!!!

at any rate… in countries where “euthenasia” is practiced… the WHOLE PROCESS is EXPLAINED… to ALL WHO ARE THERE… (in some cases, spiritual or members of clergy… also, ARE THERE… and, DO THEIR PART… of the TOTAL PROCESS… of, explaining… that WHAT IS HAPPENING… is NOT… NECESSARILY… SIN!!!)…

also, the WHOLE FAMILY… IS THERE… for THE WHOLE EVENT… from BEGINNING to END… and, there is CELEBRATION, SINGING, DANCING, FOOD, and… CLOSURE… as, THE WHOLE FAMILY… and, ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS… SAYS THEIR FINAL GOOD BYES…

then, AFTER DEATH… the “departed” is cremated… and, THOSE INDIVIDUALS… who WISH TO HAVE… some of THE ASHES… are GIVEN A SMALL CONTAINER… (along with, a PICTURE, and a “MEMORY” BOOK… or, sometimes… a VIDEO TAPE… of the DYING INDIVIDUAL… SAYING THEIR “LAST WORDS”… when possible)… to TAKE HOME with them… as a WAY… to have… CONTINUED CONTACT… with A PART of the “departed” person… (this, is ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED… for small children)!!!

not like, MOST SUICIDE… where, “the person… is LEFT TO THEMSELVES”…

and, ENDS UP… having TO COMPOSE… “the note”… (a usually INCOMPLETE “explanation” as to why)… before… THE END!!!

and, which LEAVES the “survivors”…ANGRY, CONFUSED… and, LOOKING FOR “COMPLETION”!!!

so much, for this country, being considered; as having a PROGRESSIVE midset… when it comes… to “the end”!!!