If you are there, please reply

Hi. My name is Janelle. I was dx with metastatic pan cancer last month. I am 33, a wife and mother of a 4 year old. I am looking for other’s with this cancer and survivors to share our experiences and walk together on this journey. If your out there, please reply.

Hi Janelle, Sorry to hear your diagnosis. Where do you live? I would suggest if you anywhere in the vicinity of East Coast, you might head to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Check out their website – they are the gurus for pancreatic cancer, Rosemary

Hi I live in Minnesota. Any other suggestions?
----- Original Message -----
From: “Rosemaryann” pancreatic-cancer-cpt11191@lists.careplace.com
To: snowhite@mvtvwireless.com
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [pancreatic-cancer] If you are there, please reply

Isn’t the Mayo Clinic over there in Minnesota? What I would look into, if you are not a candidate for surgery, is to check out vaccine trials. I think the vaccine trials are the cutting edge for treatment. It is worth looking into - that is what we are looking into for my husband, Ted over at Johns Hopkins, Rosemary

“The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best part of a person’s life.” William Wordsworth
From: snowhitemailto:pancreatic-cancer-cpt11191@lists.careplace.com
To: klimster24@msn.commailto:klimster24@msn.com
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:14 PM

I’ve been to Mayo already. They currently have one clinical trial available. We consulted and we both agreed that trial was not for me. I just am interested in hearing what other people are doing…plus thinking of a back up plan if my physicians get to a point they say there is nothing else to do. I have a hard time believing that, much less giving up.

That is extremely important to have a backup plan on treatments and to remain positive and hopeful.

I don’t know what type of trial they had at Mayo, but you can search for clinical trial that may be more suitable – and think the vaccine trials are very promising. I believe you can search by area, type of treatment, diagnosis and whether they are recruiting at:

www.clinicaltrials.govhttp://www.clinicaltrials.gov/

You can also learn a lot by going to the Johns Hopkins website and go to the “Discussion Board” – there is even treatment in Basel, Switzerland - but it depends on the type of tumor, and whether the tumor has receptor sites – at least, that is what I was told by doctor in Switzerland. My husband has an adenocarcinoma type of tumor, which was thought not to be workable with this type of systemic radioactive isitobe treatment.

I learned that there is Y-90 treatment for the liver using the radioactive isitobes and they use the artery as entry for the treatment. This does not treat the pancreas, just the liver – from what I understand.

You may have to consider doing several types of treatment, not just one, Rosemary

“The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best part of a person’s life.” William Wordsworth
From: snowhitemailto:pancreatic-cancer-cpt11191@lists.careplace.com
To: klimster24@msn.commailto:klimster24@msn.com
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 8:35 PM