iLex

Hi

I have seen iLex recommended a lot? We have bad nappy rash and thought I’d give it a try. Does anybody know if you can get it in the UK??

Thanks in advance
Lorraine

I use it with every diaper change and I buy it directly from them online. It costs $9.95 for a 2oz tube and $36.50 for an 8oz tube. I tried many other creams and no of them seemed to work for my son.

IRT cost, last night DH paid $10 for Ilex at the new pharmacy.

Hi Lorraine,

No, you can’t get it in the UK. However, I have sent many Ilex packages to the UK, if you’re interested. I seem to be the resident Ilex lady!

Email me personally if you’re interested.

Warmly,
Lisa Busha
HMDSN
lisa@hirschsprungs.infomailto:lisa@hirschsprungs.info
mom to Tyler (11) TCHD, NID, Ileostomy
and Emily (8) LSHD, NID, Colectomy, Duhamel Pullthrough and Miralax dependant
www.hdkids.orghttp://www.hdkids.org/
----- Original Message -----
From: LP99mailto:hirschsprungs-cpt8558@lists.careplace.com
To: bushafamily@msn.commailto:bushafamily@msn.com
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 12:04 PM
Subject: [hirschsprungs] iLex

I dont know, but i found it when we needed it online–i am sure u can find a shipper to the UK. Its expensive stuff–but when thier bottom is bleeding raw, it works like nothing else. just make sure you resist the urge to rub it off–even though it will look poopy–the poop is on the ilex, not the kid–just slather more ilex ontop . it will eventually wear off and you will see a healthy skinned bottom underneath after about a week. ALso, if no one has said, make sure you put a thick layer of vaseline on the diaper so the ilex wont stick (likegum/glue) to the diaper–then it really hurts to change thier diaper!!!

Tonya

----- Original Message ----
To: tonya_d_stewart@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 12:04:50 PM
Subject: [hirschsprungs] iLex

sensicare works good to, it sooths and coats…Gen

To: grumpygen@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 7:35:07 PM
Subject: Re: [hirschsprungs] iLex

I’ve heard mention that Ilex is expensive. What is everyone paying for a tube?

So far we’ve paid $6.95/tube plus tax. This was at Target and the pharmacist charged us their actual cost which was a mistake.

I will be picking two tubes up from a different pharmacy tonight and was again quoted $6.95 from there too.

I havent used ilex for over a year, but i was paying $9 and had to special order it from pharmacies or buy online. I live in Ca.

Tonya

From: heathermom hirschsprungs-cpt8558@lists.careplace.com
To: tonya_d_stewart@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:50:08 PM
Subject: Re: [hirschsprungs] iLex

question do you only need this cream if your hd child is diapered? My son is pee pee trained and hopefully after his pull thru he will easily switch to poo trained he is almost 5. I am just wondering if this is something only kids in diapers all day use?

Janel

I would think not. The awful rash comes from the exposure of the poo to the skin that causes breakdown. So if he can go straight into the potty after his pull through then I would think he’d be fine. And even if he has to use pull ups or anything while learning, he’s old enough to tell you that he went and won’t be sitting in it at all.

iLex is available from here: www.ilexhealthproducts.com