I'm done, can't lose anyone else

I came here about 2 months ago with right after I tried to commit suicide. I reached out for help and someone reached back. I became close with this person very much. We helped each other and we had some fun. Now for some reason this person has dropped me abruptly dropped me as a friend, with no notice or warning, this person who told me that they would be there for me forever. That is my life in a nutshell. I get close to people and they turn their backs on me. My wife did the same thing to me last July after 8 years of marriage. So now I must move on to start the whole process again. So to all the people that helped me I say thank you and remember me.

Hi Wolfie, I don’t believe we have spoken before, but I just want to tell you how truly sorry I am for what you are going through…sending the warmest thoughts to you, and a big hug.  sadkitty

Thanx sadkitty that helps. I also might have jumped the gun a little, cause I sometimes react before I think. But we will see what happens. I’ll stick around for a few days and see if it turns around, and if not I’ll reach out to someone else. Thanx again. Hugs right back at ya.

Don,t jump ship yet Dear friend. First, start with the premise that this isn’t a dating sight. Its for emotional support. We also have our share of people living in a fantasy type world, depressed people, bi-polar people, impulsive people, chronically angry people, in other words we don,t have a totally stable group of members here. We all have our ups and downs, including myself. So if you crave support and friendship you’ll usually find it from someone who is going through a stable “stage”. But if you are looking for a balanced, adult relationship with honesty and truthfulness, I’m afraid you are hunting for a Petunia in an Onion Patch. I speak from the heart friend. If you have hobbies or pastimes you enjoy, thats Where I Would Look For a Stable Relationship and you might find someone who is truly in step with your needs. But please don,t look for romance here. It’s like a dark bar. Everybody looks good at closing time. Hugs, gramms

Thanx, gramms I might have jumped a little early. I needed someone to make me realize that this place is for helping people and nothing else.

OH MY, I HOPE IT IS NOT ME, WOLFIE I CONSIDER YOU ONE OF MY BESTEST FRIEND.

I agree with Gramms 100% - this is not, has never been, and will never be a dating site. I hope that NO ONE treats it as such - it's a recipe for disaster. We can support, and perhaps even help one another, through depressive moments, but that's the extent of it.

How awful it is for anyone to come on this site “trolling”. There is no way of rationalizing that behavior as right. It’s happened several times, and is simply disgusting.

Wolfie, Hang in there.  Sometimes stuff happens for legit reasons we are not aware of.  This person may very well ask to be friends again.  Maybe there was a problem. Just remember, there are other people here.  I personally haven’t been ditched by anyone…(knock on wood).  I have been ditched in the real world though.  I understand the doubts that come with it. It also makes trusting others a little harder, but please remember, each person is different and there are a lot of people here that will earn…and KEEP your trust!

Thanx Steve. My whole life revolves around being dumped so you’ld think by now I’d be used to it. But I never do. I’ll catch my breath and get back in. Things do happen for a reason and maybe this one will sort itself out. Thanx again.

hey wolfie…i will say that i’ve been “removed” from a few friends list too…yeah it hurt…but i’m over it…i try to be there for everybody so if you ever need a friend or someone to talk to we are all here for you…don’t let one bad experience get you down.

Hey Wolfie

I know that when you are feelin down and out and someone gives you a helping hand. its easy to cling to that like a lifeline...but you are your own lifeline. You have all the power within you to get thru the toughest times and to gain the skills you need to stand strong thru the next storm that is bound to test you again eventually. You just have to let that tiny seed of self-belief grow and eventualy flourish, the more that you have faith.

Poppy <3

Thanx Poppy I’m calming down and things are working out now. I often jump before I have to, and that’s what happened.

One monkey don’t stop no show.  You can’t depend on ONE person to help you when you’re down.  Give some of the other members a try before you act irrationally.

I GUESS I’M A MONKEY NOW??? LOL. I EXSPLAINED TO WOLFIE THAT I WAS HAVING COMPUTER PROBLEMS AND THAT IS WHY HE DROPPED FROM MY FRIEND’S LIST. I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER FOR A WHILE NOW AND ALL CRAZY STUFF HAS BEEN HAPPENING. SO PLEASE IF YOU GET BLOCKED AND CAN’T SEND ME A POST DON’T BE OFFENDED. I WILL TRY TO  RECTIFY THE MATTER AS SOON AS I CAN. I WOULD NEVER ‘‘DROP’’ A FRIEND INTENTIONALLY, YOU HAVE MY WORD ON IT!

Private issues need to be kept private.  When a person only hears half of a story from one party, it's easy to negatively judge the other party (who is unable to defend her/himself, and likely has no idea they are being talked about) - it ends up a very negative experience which should NOT have been for public consumption.

Kaydence, no need to feel badly... it's not our business.  You should not apologize to anyone.

Whether you drop a person or not, it's not any other member's business.

timetoheal, do get your point, but also sort of think you ought to be able to write whatever your feeling down about on the forum, otherwise you could miss some advice that really helps put things in perspective.  Maybe the rest of us should just understand that we’re only getting one side of the story and not judge.  Just a point of view.  No biggy. I kinda of see the forum as private, private between like minded people anyway. I may just have a wierd sense of private!

I hear you loud and clear - this was just one case where someone was misjudged by misinformation and that is harmful.  Hope it doesn’t happen anymore to anyone.

I THINK THE POINT PUNKY WAS TRYING TO MAKE WAS, KEEP THE PRIVATE MATTERS, LIKE DISAGREEMENTS OR MISUNDERSTANDINS PRIVATE AND USE THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK PURPOSES. 

I apoligize to everyone. I was frustrated and pissed off and was just releasing some steam, and like always I assumed that someone blew me off for whatever reason, and that’s not what happened. I have a tendensy to see something and jump to conclusions before I know the facts. It’s called immaturity and I have plenty of it. I have to learn patience and not to jump when I should crawl. From now on I promise I will step back and evaluate the situation before I point fingers. I don’t want to hurt anyone or lose the friends I have. I love you all and I’m so sorry if I offended anyone.

Wolfie,

Im so glad that you are feeling better. That is what is really important. It sounds like you have a lot of friends and a lot of people willing to reach out to help you.

I'm also glad that you are here on careplace. A lot of times men are told that they can't express feeling for fear of looking weak. I find it very masculine and mature that you are trying to work on what ever problems that you are having. This is a good place to get support and advice from others that have gone through what we are struggling with. I wish there were more men willing to do what you do. 

Hats off to you and I hope that you start and continue to feel better each day.   Have a great weekend!

Bethany