I'm needing help right now

I’m self injurous…please help

I greatly encourage you to seek help from a mental health professional - or even your local emergency room. Self-injury is very insidious and you could end your life without necessarily intending to… please seek help immediately from a professional who can help and guide you through this time in your life… while I think “internet support groups” are helpful in certain ways, when your life, health, and safety are at stake, this is nowhere near enough help. Good luck to you, you’ll be in my prayers…

I know how you feel. I once was a cutter. It made me feel better. But you need to realize hurting yourself is not helping the situation your in right now, it just causes more pain.

If you are suicidal, you should probably go to the hospital. If you go to the emergency room and tell them you are suicidal, they should be able to arrange for you stay at a hospital for a few days, where you’ll be relatively safe. I have gone to the hospital a couple of times, it’s not that bad.

If your referring to less-than-lethal self-injury, you should do everything you can to keep yourself from doing it. If you haven’t hurt yourself yet, don’t start, and if you have already started, stop now. I used to cut myself, and I only stopped when I cut too deep. I not only landed myself in the emergency room, but I also left myself with some extremely noticeable and unsightly scars.

I don’t know anything about your situation other than that your post sounds urgent, suggesting you are in a state of crises. I know that I started hurting myself when I was in a state of crises, and, frankly, if anyone had simply told me not to do it, I probably would not have listened. I felt like no one understood what I was experiencing, and as such, I would not give credence to anyone’s advice. I don’t know if you are experiencing anything similar to what I experienced, but if you can relate to my experience, then perhaps you can learn something from it.

I began hurting myself when my depression had downward-spiraled into a complete state of chaos. Looking back, I lost all sense of perspective. As my prospects of resolving the problems underlying my depression seemed more and more hopeless, I was frantic to relieve the distress that was building within me. I began hurting myself partly in an attempt to relieve some of this pressure. At the same time, I hated myself enough that I perceived some satisfaction from acting on that self-hatred.
Essentially, hurting myself was a coping mechanism. Unfortunately, it is not a productive, nor especially effective, coping mechanism. While your depression may last a while (I have been in varying states of depression for several years), this more dire state of crises will pass. Ultimately, what you need most is time. However, right now, you are likely too uncomfortable to have any patience for waiting.

If your situation is analogous to mine, then the crises your experiencing revolves around problems you are facing in or with your life. At this point, you may be consumed by, and frustrated with, these problems. Given your relatively dire state, my best advice is to put your contemplation of these problems on hold (If you’ve seen the movie '“What About Bob" it’s the same concept). You probably feel your problems are too serious to walk away from, so just plan on coming back to them later. Right now, you are not in the best condition to deal with these problems anyway, and dwelling on them at this point will only make things worse. In essence, make a conscious effort to distract yourself from your problems (not using drugs or alcohol either). In other words, I suggest finding anything that is not self destructive to occupy your attention. It really needs to be something that requires some degree of focus; otherwise, you will simply revert to thinking about the same things that are driving you crazy now. Ideally, it will be something constructive because that will help you feel better about yourself, but at this point, something mind-numbing would probably be fine too, at least until you think of something better. If you can stand to play solitaire with all your free time, then so be it. What you’re looking for is a cooling-off period. When some time has passed and the dust has settled, you can go about dealing with your problems in a more constructive manner.

I hope you find this in some way helpful to your situation. If not, I am sorry I could not help.