In a bad place!

I’v have a few big thing hit me last week and its left its mark… Found out I need to find all new docs because they all pulled out of our insurance carrier… That in its self is scarey…
I’ve not felt well for the last 3 days and having waves of panic attacks.
Bad headaches and not being able to sleep always knocks me into a tail spin… We went to the hosp. and they weren’t much help either… I wanted them to keep me but sent me home… They just give you an iv and ativan and out the door you go…

REally sucks when you know that you can’t think normal and try to explain this to your loved ones and they tell you , you bring this one yourself…

No wonder getting treated for mental illness sucks

So sorry to hear you have hit a rough patch. I hate when ins. companies do that!! Mine did that to me once. Felt like i was almost starting over again. But I did make it through! Get a new pdoc and therapist as soon as you can. I’ll be praying for you. Going to the hospital is such a crap shoot. You have to say exactly what they want or they won’t keep you over a rough spot. And who knows what that is that day. Hugs.

Just read your comments and hope today was a better one for you.
I agree getting treated for mental illness sucks but there isn’t much we can do about it. There are a lot of people out there without insurance, can’t afford the meds they need and some don’t have family back up at all. Just remember you did not bring this on yourself!! Ignore those kinds of comments. They need an education on Mental Illness! You are not alone, I’ve been there and so have many others, unfortunately.

Panic attacks. I’ve been there too. Just drove my car today. After almost a year. Because of p attacks while driving. I did good! Think I’ll keep it up!
I still get one once in awhile but they don’t scare me anymore. Just as you promised your self you would not go back into that black hole again, I decided panic attacks would not get to me anymore and even though they do happen once in awhile I know they will go away and no one is hurt,not even me. I was also given xanax for them but only use them as needed because they are very habit forming and I have enough problems without getting hooked on drugs.

I will keep You in my thoughts and prayers.
It is said, He won’t give us more than we can handle. Hang in there and I will too!

Sanna

Thanks to both of you…nice to know that someone understands … Just wish no of us had to go through any of this…

Diana

I had to change my pdoc about mid-year last year and it was scary, but has turned out for the best.  After 15-20 years of being mis-diagnosed, he has correctly diagnosed me, prescribed new meds and I'm doing so much better!  Changing is not necessarily a bad thing in my book. 

By the way, are you on any type of anti-anxiety or insomnia meds?  I take Xanax for panic attacks and Rozerem or Ambien for those sleepless nights (although I still wake up).  Be well & stay in touch.

Thanks for the replies...Doing much better , but still have to find a doc. did end up in ER last week though and trying really hard to keep my anxiety  down by keeping busy..

I do take ativan for my panic attacks but when I do find a new doc it will be something I'll have to talk about .. Cause it doesn't seem to be doing its job.

I hope you are feeling a little better,my thoughts are with you.

I am waiting to be officially diagnosed,but i have been told i have bipolar,i am on chlopromazine at the minute,had a bad week last week and my husband phoned Psych ward,because i have not been"Officially" diagnosed they cannot take me in,their advice keep taking the meds.

Get well soon.