Increase for peace

hello my names fizzy ive tried to put a message up twice now i saw my straight arrow throwing shrink who wishes to if possible increase my lithuim intake my ever so slighlty now wary will drink even more fluid will i go super flat ? or just fat? can anyone out there say anything on this

Hi Fizzy,
I’ve been on lithium many times & have been on it most recently for about a year. I don’t think a slight increase will bring on even more thirst. I have been down to as low as 300 mg & as high as 1200mg (per day.) I had only a slight weight gain at the highest dose. The other med (remeron) which is an AD has been the culprit for putting on the pounds for me. Thirst? That’s a given that you’ll always have that at any level. (And the bathroom trips are what gets to me!!) I guess we have to be willing to put up with some side effects. Hang in there & good luck!
Weber

thanks weber, i shall see what happens this week, weve tended to stay away from anti-depressants though at times ive crawled the walls asking for them! if all esle fails in the lithium department then who knows…?

Hi Again Fizzy!
I have to stay away from AD’s, too, but Remeron isn’t making me aggitated or anxious the way most AD’s do. It actually helps me fall asleep at night, & my Pdoc won’t allow me an anti-anxiety…so I make do with the remeron. But perhaps just a little more lithium will raise your spirits! It’s worth a try. Again…good luck. You’re in my thoughts & prayers!
Love,
Weber

thanks weber i let you know the scores on door, iam just hoping that it may for later, iam sure that my shrink will have some options, she never lies or forces meds down me. thanks agian fizz

well the scores on the lithuim doors are that the increase is coming to 1000mg oh boy iam going to glow if anything esle and few days then a blood test just to make sure, thearputic range here we come