Information on Arnold Chiari Malformation

Good evening! My husband who is 29 was diagnosted with Arnold Chiari Malformation in January of this year. We know little about it, except that he has really bad headaches and almost passes out a lot. We want to know some more information, but we just don’t know where to begin. Doctors don’t really know much about it, so they haven’t given us any information. Can someone please help us to understand this and ways to help him?

Thank you.

Hello,

I will be out of the office due to medicial reasons until approxamatley some time inFebruary. If you have any questions or need help please contact Terri Park @ 205-6685-6625 or Christine Savery @ 208-685-6619.

Thank you,
Courntey

Hi there USAF Veteran,

There are many websites online that tell about Chiari. Start by typing in a search “Chiari malformation” or “ACM” or “Arnold Chiari” or “CM1”, and look at the web pages that result and go through them.

If you go the The Chiari Institute website (type that into a search to find their webpage) and click on their videos page, you can watch several videos about Chiari. Good luck, and let me know what you find and if you need more help!

Julie P.