Injections as a treatmen

My 4month old daughter has a periocular capillary hemangioma on her upper right eyelid. It partially blocks her eye from opening. Our ophthalmologist has been treating with a topical corticosteroid for about two months. We have not seen much progress and now he would like to start the injections. I would like to know if anyone else has chosen this option and what your experiences/side effects have been.

brook

My daughters hermangioma is on the right side of her face, covering her ear and neck and cheek. She was born with it and at 2 weeks old it began to swell, at 2 months old it sat on her shoulder. They treated her with steroids and later with VinKristin(don’t think that is spelled right). They had first told me that we would have to do the injection, but the treatment she was on worked and worked good. So lucky for us we didn’t have to do that part, she did have a port in her chest, that is how they gave her the VinKristin. She hates anything to do with Doctors or Hospitals now. As I would too if I had to go through everything she did. But now she is 3 and doing wonderful, She just went through her first plastic surgery and we have at least 2 more of those to go through. But she is one tough cookie. Good luck and never give up, one day your daughters story will be just that-a story.