Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Eve, I just joined this group and wanted to share my story, in case anyone has had a similar experience.

I “contracted” Chronic Pain Syndrome as the result of a Hospital Acquired MRSA (HA-MRSA) infection that went systemic, encephlopathic and resulted in hand surgery at the IV site where the MRSA started in order to save my hand and possibly my entire arm.

The University of Pennsylvania and The Cleveland Clinic suspect (but cannot say for certain or “prove”) that the CPS began with the infection but they say that it is the most likely scenario as I began to experience pain after the infection and the pain started in all of the places where I had bad skin infections from subsequent IV’s while hospitalized for the infection.

If anyone has experienced the same, I would really like to hear from you and find out what your story is.

Thank you to all who took the time to read this post and thanking you in advance for any responses.

Eve )

Welcome Eve-That is quite a story. Mine is not the same, I have chronic pain from a condition called Meralgia Paresthetica, but I do know what it is like dealing with chronic pain. Some days I feel like I just can’t go on any longer-can’t deal with anymore pain. CarePlace has been a wonderful find for me. The people here are caring and supportive and I hope you will find being a part of it as helpful as I have.