Is addison's the same for everyone

So far from what i have learned, i believe i have secondary addisons, but i only get sick when i get very stressed. Then all hell breaks loose, nausea, di, pain, fatigue, the migraines aren’t so bad since i got the pacemaker, can anyone explain that. i do not get many infections, but i will bleed at the slightest injury, i mean bleed alot. My cortisol and acth levels are pretty much non-existant, could there be something else going on?
I just noticed last night i am getting light brown spots on my face the largest is about 3/8 inch diameter,the smallest is about 1/8 inch diameter. I have had one above my right eye for awhile but it seems to be getting darker. On my arms there are some of the same spots, but my arms look so bad now because they seem to be the body part that bleeds alot, it is amazing how easy i bleed.
I started pain injections after the last episode of being sick, the last endo asked me if I felt better since i started those injections, the answer is yes. Could it be those injections were helping the symptoms of addisons. They will not give me my injections now because of the unanswered questions and the cancer, and i can tell it. I have no desire for food, the less i eat the better i feel, when i do eat waves of nausea come and go for awhile. i get so tired and dizzy doing the lightest of work. Is this how addisons work?

Kasha,
Are you taking any medicine for your Addison’s Disease? Your endocrinologist should run a 24 hour uring test to see what your dose of Cortef should be. Also your electrolytes should be tested. If you are craving salt or having muscle cramps, you may need to take Florinef.

One of the symtoms of untreated addison’s disease is brown spots. Also there could be an overall tanned look. Your adrenal gland controls how much melanin (Melanin is the natural substance that gives color (pigment) to hair, skin, and the iris) your body produces. When you get your dose of medicines correct, your skin color will return to normal.

When you bruise or bleed too easily, your platelets are low. Ask your doctor to check your platelet count. There are medicines to help you build your count. Read about it at the National Institute of Health
http://search2.google.cit.nih.gov/search?q=platelets&entqr=0&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&client=NIHNEW_frontend&ud=1&spell=1&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=NIHNEW_frontend&site=NIH_Master

Carol

----- Original Message ----
To: dmbcab2000@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 6:57:47 PM
Subject: [addisons] Is addison’s the same for everyone

is this reply going through?

Carol Ann addisons-cpt6736@lists.careplace.com wrote:

yes

----- Original Message ----
To: dmbcab2000@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:42:46 PM
Subject: Re: [addisons] Is addison’s the same for everyone

Hi Carol, sorry i did not get back to you sooner, i have been out a couple of days, there is just not enough time.
I have not been confirmed yet, they will be runing the low dose acth stim test monday. I do not produce cortisol or acth, i have a few light brown spots on my face,but i do not think they are related at this point. from what i understand since i do not produce acth i will probably not get the dark pigmation, it is the acth that causes it.
I have been waiting a long time to find out what is going on, but i am at md anderson now, so the answers are on the way, i hope.
My body is so weird sometimes, i can’t count the times they thought they found the answer then the next set of test come back normal, or shows something else. I am actuall surprized the cortisol and acth have been consistantly low for a year. I do not want to be sick but i hope if i do have secondary adrenal insufficiency, this test monday shows it and we can get on with the chemo.
Do you know of anyone that has a problem with sty’s, i have had one o my right eye for three months in a row, this time the first it is very tender to the touch.
Actually i do bruise and bleed very easilybut my platlets are higher ow than in the past, i think the last one was around 258

I bruise and bleed very easily, too. I was diagnosed with Addison’s
last March after 2 hospital stays at 2 different hospitals. My cortisol, aldosterone, and retin counts are reported at dangerously low levels.
I can not find anyone who knows about the retin problem. I was told
that there is nothing to replace it. My platelets are low, too, but I am on
meds to help that.
This is a very confusing disease. Also, I was told that I had Liddle’s
Syndrome. Does anyone know about this?