Is your pain worse on left side?

JUst wondering whether any of you have worse pain on one side than the other my left side of my body seems to hurt way more than my right and the fatty tumours and the lipomas hurt more on that side although most of them hurt when pressed …and also for the ladies here does it hurt you to wear a bra? where the back straps go under my ribs and also over the shoulder blade make it burn sting and just really hurt :(and this gets worse on the weeks running up to my cycle any one else get this ? thanks for listening gentle hugs Cat

I have more pain on my right side…My dominant side…And I never thought I would be more comfortable without a bra til I started getting the lumps on the rib area…I also have one in my cheek(left cheek) which makes me look like I have the mumps…I have no more cycles so every day is bad…Cold makes it worse for me…I can go coatless in 40 degree weather and still sweat up a storm…

I just have pain all over. I don’t think mine is more on one side than the other. I do understand what you mean about the bra, Elaine. I can’t wear one either. If I do, I have cramps down each side and between my breasts. I am having that pain right now. I feel like my breast are being squeezed. I have lumps that go from my sternum to my collarbone on both sides. The pain is more severe over the heart than anywhere. I have had strange hiccups with bad pain on my heart. Not like heartburn, but like my heart was being squeezed. I have been in so much pain this week. I have the sweats like that too. I can’t do anything without sweating. Have you ever been cold and you started sweating? I have.

oh yes…I go every night to feed my horses…I cant ride but still have them around for comfort…I have one that is 28 yrs old and I relate to her…We walk the same way stiff and slow…I have a bad tendency to fall and not be able to stop myself well so I crawl at a walk…I sweat a lot especially when I do anything that exerts any energy…I was sweating last night making a freakin sandwich for my husband and made him turn off the heat…if I could have gotten away with it I would have turned on the air…

I don’t think I have any one side that hurts or has more lumps than the other but the bra thing, I can relate to!

Yes Cathy,

For many years, it seemed almost all my pain was on my left side. Now the DD is attacking more on my right side, so it’s a pretty even race. My bra just kills me, but mostly where it sits just under my breasts. That’s where some of my nastier lumps reside.

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

“I have no more cycles so every day is bad…Cold makes it worse for me…I can go coatless in 40 degree weather and still sweat up a storm…”

Me too, Elaine!

Hugs,
Pamela

Maybe the way i sit because i know my posture is all out of kin and im aggrevating my lumps ,I too have the bumps on my ribs both front and back :frowning: the rib cage is one of the first places i noticed the lumps many years ago…Yes i too get the sweats they can come on from nowhere even if i am freezing cold…

hi ALL RELATE to the bra thing i can only wear non wired bras and ones that go over the head as they only have mild support so when i have a flare and my shoulder blades undermy arms and breast swell there is no restriction, i have tried to wear a tighter one during a flare and found it slightly uncomfortable but when i took it off i cried like a baby the pain was so bad as the fat all the way round just seemed to swell until it felt that the skin was going to split
as for where my main pain is it is strange my left arm is the worst yet my right hip side leg and foot giv me the same pain and then there is the awful set across the bottom of my back and top of back from shoulder to shoulder
from HELENA

Grandma Sylvia,
I love your candidness. You are so funny. I get a kick out of reading your posts. You have such passion. You write so well. Isn’t that the truth though. I started cutting my hair back a half and inch at a time since my husband doesn’t like short hair. I was sneaking a bit off at a time. When it was short he said to me, you think you are being sneaky cutting your hair off. I laughed because that is exactly what I was trying to do and I was busted all along. hehehe. I have never been good at being sneaky. I just couldn’t stand the hair anymore. I felt like I was dripping all the time. My hair is so fine as soon as I started to sweat no more style.
Hugs
Christine

Yup Cathy…We all come home and wing our bras across the room. We burned them in the 60s and we should have left it at that! I waste so much money trying to find one I can stand. At what age can you go out in public and swing freely? Is 62 old enough? I really don’t think anyone has looked at me much in years anyway. You know how hard it is to put on your bra when you are wet from the PT pool? Well, I discovered that you can just put on your coat over your shirt and they can’t tell you left it off! Baby steps…one bra-less woman at a time! That way you can nip on home without having to put it on! This also works for panties. You know how hard it is to put on pants when you are wet and the floor is wet and you have no place to sit? Forget the panties and just take loose shorts to put on…then nip on home! Men would never wear such a torture device. DD loves the whole area where the bra rides. I know that is the first place I got aliens. They go in a band from my spine around to the front of the rib cage. Have you all checked for lipomas in your sides? Mine are really big all around my rib cage. Oh yeah…many of us sweat a river. I had to dry my hair three times today when I got home from PT as I was so hot it just kept getting wet! You should see my driver’s license picture…my birthday is in August and it was 90 degrees when I got it I keep my hair very short so I can stick my head out of the car window in the wind to re-dry it when I sweat. The air-conditioning doesn’t do the trick. I have had to have my husband drive around fast before I could go into where we were going to dry my hair. Yup…I am just a jiggling soaked mess most of the time. That cold air-conditioning on my wet neck really hurts! Ah…good times!! Grandma Sylvia

When my pain first started it was worse on my right side, but slowly the left side caught up. I have more lipomas on my right side and I think I only have them on my right side in my abdomen… but I keep getting more and more on my left thigh. Now I just hurt all over, it stinks! :slight_smile:

Hi Christine…just another side effect of DD. All through high school and college…my teachers and professors read my stuff to the classes. It was so embarassing! In high school they sent my papers to OSU for the professors to grade at college level. In college the professors told me they could not wait to read the books I would write. I love to write satire. Then DD hit and it was all I could do to write the materials for work and training manuals. If I had been healthy I could have written books. Just think how much more we could have done in life if we were without pain. The pain itself causes our bodies to produce endomorphs in an attempt to deaden our pain. Then, when we add pain medication to the mix, we get fuzzy-brain! My high blood sugar also makes me sleepy all of the time. We have to have a sense of humor about this thing or we would get so depressed we would not be able to enjoy what life we can. Hugs and Many Regrets, Grandma Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

It is so sad that we have had to give up so many of our dreams. I loved to write fiction when I was in high school, and was very good at it, but my first love was acting. Teachers were trying to raise money for me to send me to NY to study it further. I never could have made it with my lipedemic hips and legs though. Looks matter in that business, especially for women. I blamed myself for my body all those years and now I have an answer, at least.

Hugs,
Pamela