Issues

Many people have many issues…I have dealt with depression and grief. But now I am trying to deal with anxieties. Esspecially the social ones…Going into a store alone at one time was not an option. Now it’s doable, sometimes. Being in a group in a small area is still very difficult for me. And in the event I become the center of attention in that room…death would be welcomed…I also have an occational panic attack, those suck… But I am going to figure out how to get a grip and feel strong and not effected by these one way or another…

SAM I know how you feel but what I do is take little steps out in public places hospitals are my outings lately because of my dad how fun is that(not very fun) but in small doses go out find stuff you like to do I am a work in progress but I have to take it slow you took a step to reach out on here thats a step like I said it was scary reaching out but I am so thankful I did because some people on here have been there for me the last couple of days

Do you take any specific meds? Do they help or do you think anxiety therapy
is the way to go? I tak celexa but have ti fight tremendous anxiety to do
any thing. Also take klonapin. For anxiety. Any suggestions from you, I
would so appreciate. Linda Smith lnwill@aol.com

In a message dated 3/17/2008 4:53:33 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
anxiety-cpt8124@lists.careplace.com writes:

~--------------- sent via careplace.com
~-~ SammiSandi posted the message below in the Anxiety Forum.
~-~ The entire conversation can be found here:
http://www.careplace.com/forum/topic/8124
~-~ To respond to this message, reply to this email or sign in to
CarePlace.com
~-~ To start a new conversation, email anxiety@lists.careplace.com or sign
in to CarePlace.com
~-~ To see SammiSandi’s profile, go here:
http://www.careplace.com/view/SammiSandi
~--------------- all text below this line will
be cut off in your reply

Many people have many issues…I have dealt with depression and grief. But
now I am trying to deal with anxieties. Esspecially the social ones…Going
into a store alone at one time was not an option. Now it’s doable, sometimes.
Being in a group in a small area is still very difficult for me. And in the
event I become the center of attention in that room…death would be welcomed…I
also have an occational panic
attack, those suck… But I am going to figure out how to get a grip and feel
strong and not effected by these one way or another…

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to http
://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

**************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL
Home.
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)

I seem to find, that when my life is going well and I am feeling confident in other areas, I feel capable of facing the world. But if I am feeling a sense of failure in other areas, or something has occurred that has temporarily broken my confidence then you can’t pry me out of the house.
It’s a broad spectrum of feelings and emotions seem to go into my agoraphobia/panic attacks. It seems there is no rhyme or reason to it. It is very frustrating and often I am treated as if I should “will” myself well, that it is “in my head”, or that I “don’t look sick” which create a whole list of other problems
I do take a few meds, Cymbalta, amytriptaline & xanax, as well as several others for other reasons.
Hope that helps you a little and I wish you all the best!

I rarely get to the point of panic attacks in social situation but have a lot of anxiety and know when I had enough of it and I go home at that point if I can’t hats when I get panicky but I have anxiety attacks I guess thats what you called they can turn to panic if I don’t leave I have panic attacks when I think about my fears a lot frequency have lessoned since I started taken celexa and I had a panic attack after my dad was admitted in the hospital I took a xanax for the first time it worked it calmed me down then I could deal with my fears better

I used to take meds a long time ago, but have since decided meds and therapy were not working for me. I spent two years in complete isolation and seclusion and have since had the help of a very loving person holding my hand and helping me to cope with those social anxieties…I have accomplished more having this person by my side then I ever did with meds…

Hi Sam, I agree with you I have had an anxiety panic disorder since I was seven, I am 37 now so I have many years of understanding. I too feel that finding the right person, that can be the security you are in need of can help, I felt very comfortable when my husband was there with me but when he would leave my sight I could feel the panic start to onset, so I started little by little doing things on my own, I can now go to a concert, and go out by myself, yes there is still some anxiety but I just get a good grip on my emotions and talk myself back down. I have been up and I have been down so I just remember in the down times that I have great days too and they will return. I hope you all the best, You can beat this, If you believe in prayer I found this to be the best medicine, it saved my life many times.
God Bless, Kim.