Junk growing in mouth

Do any of you have a period of time where you feel as if you have spider webs in your mouth (add that on to sicca (severe drymouth) and its just lots of fun! Then I go and look in the mirror, and there are things growing on the inside of my lips and cheeks and all over my tongue, like tree lichen except white instead of green?

Best Regards and thanks for letting me join-

Beauty

hmm. do you mean these are actually appearing physically in your mouth? I have the usual OLP white lines but nothing like what you describe.

Well yeah, the white line and all that, then I get the sores all over my tongue with connecting white lines. The webbies I think come from having Sicca (severe dry mouth and dry eyes). I have essentially no saliva and my saliva solidifies and in so doing makes the webbies.
I hate this LP, it is on my face and itches like you wouldn’t believe. Some days I don’t have it at all but that is very rare! The itching usually starts around 2 pm and itches right on thru the night. If I don’t take benedryl before I go to bed, I’ll scratch these places in my sleep. It is so upsetting that I can’t find someway to treat this.
Thank you for replying-
Huggles-Beauty

Hi Beauty,
My doctor intially prescribed Atarex for me and my body built up a resistance to it’s effects. He now has me on a sleep aid, but I can’t remeber the name of it, but it starts with a “T”. I itch more at night or when I sweat.
Gwood004

Yeah I have the spidey white lines but the worse parts are when they turn into red sore spots or at their worse like lesions. Right now the pain from one that straddles the back left side of my mouth just sends the pains up my whole skull. When I can I take some strong painfillers that I have for something else just to relax me enough to shut my eyes. yeah- not fun.

knock on wood and whatever is holy I don’t have it other then the mouth so far. I’m early days I’ve come to learn as I think I really only had it since Jan 07 or had the painful symptoms since then at least.

Hope you can find some better solutions and some relief

Dear G-Wood!
You mean to tell me the Dr. actually prescribed Atarax for LP?!? It’s a antihistamene!! I take it too and actually it does nothing but hold my allergies back.
Please let me know.
Huggles-Beauty

Hello Beauty,
I am sorry it took so long for me to respond to your post. My doctor did prescribe me Atarex and even recommended taking Benadryl. It was to help me get sleep without itching, but if I took it during the day I functioned at a level that was one level higher than that of a zombie. My LP had calmed down, but now I can feel it starting to flare. I hope you are well.
Gerry

I HAVE ADD EVERY TEST DONE,? AND I TAKE ATARAX BUT THIS LP IS COMING OUT ALL ON MY HANDS. HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD THIS, I HAD THIS SINCE 1998.

-----Original Message-----
To: cdwp295@aol.com
Sent: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:20 am
Subject: Re: [lplanus] Junk growing in mouth

Good morning Mouse,
I was diagnosed with LP this past summer, but I’ve had symptoms for 27 years. I previously had visited various derms, but no one knew what I had. It has been a horrible 27 years. The Atarax is meant to help with itching, which it does by putting me to sleep. Feel free to write me anytime.
Gwood004

If benadyl makes you too sleepy to function during the day, try using
a non-dowsy antihistamone every morning (Reactine/Zyrtec is good) and
Benadryl at night.

— gwood004 lplanus-cpt5748@lists.careplace.com wrote: