Just diagnosed

Hi I’ve just be diagnosed with Cranial DI and have been given a nasal spray. Had MRI scan and they say idopathic.

But this is all in the developing world.

The spray removes the sympoms of thirst and urination etc but since I started it three weeks ago I’ve been getting headaches and feeling fatigued and flu-like.

Is this to be expected? Will it go away?

Not been to outpatients yet.

Is there anything else I can do to alleviate the symtoms?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

IMthirsty-

Hi,

Maybe you take a bit too much of the spray. I have DI and take tablets. When I have my period I have headaches and feel exhausted, and those days I hardly drink. So I now take less of the tablets during my period and the headaches are gone!

Liesielies

Hello! I have neurogenic DI and I take 2-3 DDAVP a day. I notice that I need more about week before my period. Some days I feel much thirstier.I have been having aches and pains as if I have the flu and was wondering if the DDAVP could possibly be the cause. It seems to have very few side effects according to the inserts from the pharmacy. Kimbo46

hi i am sorry to hear about you cdi, i too have it, and since i started with my symptoms, i get headaches pretty often, i would suggest that you take vitamins, the spray ddavp works best for me.
i was dizzy too, but once i was on the meds for a while i felt much better, i also vomitted alot, are you too?
please write back i would like to share this with you.
di

I also get a lot of migraine headaches, but I have put this off on a lot of other things. I haven’t really thought about the medicine causing this so that is interesting to hear that so many others have headaches. I take the pill, but to be honest I don’t notice that I get them any certain time of the month in particular.