Just diagnosised

Hi everyone! I’m a 30 y/o single mom to a teenage son and I have just been diagnosied with Addison’s but they have no idea why yet. Going through all the testings and MRI’s now. All they do know for now is that my cortisol level is zero. Any help or explanations would be greatly appreciated.

--------------Boundary-00=_ESPI9F0MYHI1VA400000
Content-Type: Text/Plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello, did you have an acute problem that brought on this diagnosis?=20
Addison’s is most commonly the result of an autoimmune disease where the
body’s immune system attacks the adrenal glands inappropriately. It’s a=
lso
possible to have this issue if you have a problem with your pituitary gla=
nd.
(secondary) Have you taken any steroids lately? (prednisone, hydrocortis=
one
dexamethasone) If so it is also possible for you body to have adrenal
suppression which can look like Addison’s and resolve itself with time an=
d
steroid taper. Do you have any other hormone disorders? Many (but not al=
l)
have hashimoto’s thyroiditis which is an autoimmune condition that causes=
a
person to become hypothyroid. If you are willing to tell us a little mor=
e
perhaps we can try to explain what you know right now anyway.=0D
Renee=0D
=0D
Hi everyone! I’m a 30 y/o single mom to a teenage son and I have just bee=
n
diagnosied with Addison’s but they have no idea why yet. Going through al=
l
the testings and MRI’s now. All they do know for now is that my cortisol
level is zero. Any help or explanations would be greatly appreciated.=0D
=0D
__=0D
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to http://www.carepl=
ace.com/account-notifications
--------------Boundary-00=_ESPI9F0MYHI1VA400000
Content-Type: Text/HTML;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

v\:* { =09BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } v\:* { =09BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) }
Hello, did you have an= acute problem that brought on this diagnosis?  Addison's is most co= mmonly the result of an autoimmune disease where the body's immune system=   attacks the adrenal glands inappropriately.  It's also possib= le to have this issue if you have a problem with your pituitary gland. (s= econdary)  Have you taken any steroids lately? (prednisone, hydrocor= tisone, dexamethasone)  If so it is also possible for you body to ha= ve adrenal suppression which can look like Addison's and resolve itself w= ith time and steroid taper.  Do you have any other hormone disorders= ? Many (but not all) have hashimoto's thyroiditis which is an autoimmune = condition that causes a person to become hypothyroid.  If you are wi= lling to tell us a little more perhaps we can try to explain what  y= ou know right now anyway.
Renee

Hi everyone! I'm a 30 y/o single mom to a teenage son and I have jus= t been diagnosied with Addison's but they have no idea why yet. Going thr= ough all the testings and MRI's now. All they do know for now is that my = cortisol level is zero. Any help or explanations would be greatly appreci= ated.

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to http://www.careplace.com/a= ccount-notifications
--------------Boundary-00=_ESPI9F0MYHI1VA400000--

I to have just been told aI have Addison’s .I was very ill and no one could find out what was wrong ,till I went to a Doctor in St Louis where they sent me to a Cardiologist for my blood pressure whitch was ver low.The Doctor did a courtisoll test and like yours it had no responce.I am taking meds and was told they were working at half back in January till I got sick then they stoped and yes I got sicker.I would like to talk more if you like we can help each other I am in the begining of feeling better and going back to work Tuesday half days.

Hi Fab,

Please join us on our yahoo group:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Addisons_Disease/

This is a Careplace affiliated list and very active and helpful. I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.