Just Joining 1p36 Group

I dont really have a question. I just found this site and thought I might find some good information and support for my family. My son is 5 today and has 1p36 deletion syndrome. We knew at his birth something was just not right (many complications) so we ordered blood work to check his chromosomes. We have since been in therapies since he was 6 mths old. He has delays across the board. He has a severe speech delay but he is doing great with putting two word sentences together right now!! He is thought to be at about a 2.5 to 3 year old level. But he amazes us everyday and I can not imagine our life without him. I had my chromosomes checked and I am fine. His father has not. But from what I have read, he really needs to find out if he is a carrier??

1 Like

hi i have just joined aswell. what sort of complications at birth. my daughter is 3 months old has just been diagnosed. she has seizures which are controlled now, low muscle tone, severe hearing loss which she has aids for. i have been told she will have development delay and learning difficulties.