Khloe started Concerta today

Well the doc and gave her concerta today and she will have to take it in the morning before school. I have looked the med up on the internet and it said a litte about the side effects but not too much so if anyone knows anything about CONCERTA pls let me know. Other then that I thank every one so much for the support with my confusion over what to do for my daughter and her ADD ADHD this is harder then I thought it would be it is so easy to take meds myself but it is so diffrent when it comes to my child because she is so young and cant realy speak for herself and I am only doing what I think is best for her. Her last 2 weeks of school have better for her but she is still “bouncing off the walls” only the next few weeks will tell if the meds will help, and I also need to find a behavior therepist out side of the school so I have a busy few weeks. Again thank you all for the input over the last month.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
smile,
River

Kel,
I took Concerta for a year and loved it . No side effects that I could tell but my Dr took me off ot after a year when I had some problems with anxiety. To be honest I dont think the Concerta was to blame and I miss the concentration I was able to achieve while on it. I wish you and your daughter the best of everything and will keep you in my prayers.
Christine

How is Khloe doing?? I am thinking of you both & hoping the new meds help!!

Thank you all for the helpful words for my Khloe today was pill 5 and we have started to notice some positive changes and better nights of sleep I spoke with her teacher on friday and she said that she is noticing the change and that she thinks that the meds are helping for once I agree with this woman. Today we went to my parents house and it is about an hour and a half car ride and for the first time ever in her life it was a plesant peacful car ride she sat in her seat and read her Highlights mag and read me little words that shecould finde and she did some other work pages and was so good. She has not lost her appitite at all and she has not said that anything is bother her (head stomach vision). I am watching over the next month until her next appointment.

Hi,
I’m new here. My name is Janice and I have a son, Travis, with many issues. One of which is ADD. He has been on a shopping list of meds including Concerta & Aderol. Both were bad news for him. The Concerta worked great as far as his accademics but he was having huge mood swings, loss of appetite with drastic weight loss and (the worst part) the OCD that we had under control was back BIG TIME. It has been 2 years since we took him off the Concerta and the OCD is still here. The scary thing about it was he was only on it 2 weeks. The Aderol worked great for 8 months and then we had weight loss problems again. He is currently on Stratera and is doing very well.
Keep a watch on your daughter for loss of appetite and check her weight regularly. Also watch for mood swings. If any of these things pop up call your doctor right away. I hope I’m not sounding like the prophet of doom and that I’ve been of some help.

Thank you so much, there are good and bad sides to all meds and I want to here as man of both as I can. The doc wants me to weigh her every third day and keep her on a strict meal schedule and keep record of what she is eating and how much. For once in a few years she is not having the mood swings, and pls dont be upset for me asking how old is your son, Klhoe is only 5 and the doc was taking a shot in the dark with the concerta and is concerned with her age so he is watching carefuly. Good luck with your son also and thank you for posting all in helping right now this is consuming my family right now we are focused on getting her all the help avaible.

YOUR BABY (MINE IS 21 AND I STILL CALL HIM MY BABY LOL) SOUNDS LIKE THIS MIGHT BE THE ANSWER. BUT OF COURSE SIDE EFFECTS ARE ALWAYS AN ISSUE BUT YOU ARE PROBABLY WATCHING EVERY LITTLE SIGN OF CHANGE. I HOPE THIS WORKS OUT FOR HER AND YOU ALSO. SHE SEEMS SO SWEET. SHE IS LUCKY TO HAVE A MOM LIKE YOU. BEST WISHES.