Kyphosis, and Baastrup's Syndrome

If anyone has any info on these diagnosis it would be of a great deal of help to me. And also my neuro doc wants to do major surgery, fusing discs, putting pins and plates in and the like. I don’t know what to do, he said full recovery is about a year and i will spend two weeks in intensive care. Then on to therapy. And so on. I have three little ones to take care of. The oldest being five and the youngest a year old. I need advice. As always there are risks with the surgery and I am not sure how the outcome to it all will be. In short…HELP!!!

I am out of town till the 26th. I don’t think I’ll have e-mail access. Blessings and Grace to you! Talk to ya later!

I have been waiting for things to get better for seven years. It has not improved on its own in all that time, I have not reason to believe they will now.

hi crystal. the very best advice i can give you is absolutly get another opinion about surgery.i too live with chronic pain day by day, and take percocets to get me thru the day as well.i have an 11 year old daughter, and a very hyperactive two year old, and its hard.last year a doctor wanted to do a big time anterior fusion operation on me for hernited disks.i almost did it, but then someone told me to go get a second opinion, so i did.the other doctor said to wait it out, sometimes disks get better on there own.and you know what, altough i still have back pain and osteroarthritis, the disks no longer are herniated.and getting plates or pins seem to always cause future problems. i have a friend who has a metal plate in her neck, after a couple of years its infected, she gets these headaches where her face swells up, and puss runs out of her eyes.what you really have to ask yourself to make an important decision like this is, right now how bad are you?can you walk?are there some days you can get your pain down to “manageable”?do you have some “good days”, if these are true i wouldnt get surgery. but if you hurt so bad like your dying of cancer all the time, cant walk now, cant be a mom at all, then maybe think about surgery, but i still would get a second opinion.there are many types of surgeries, the one offered to you seems pretty intense, maybe you could find a good modern surgeon, who knows the newest less advasive technics.just think about it, i hope this helps.