Lichen Schlerosis

No questions. Just like to learn from other ladies how they are doing with their LS and also to learn if there are any new products that help. I use Protopic and Clob and Premarin cream.

Hi,
I have had LS for quite a while; been using steroids; I was wondering what Clob is; I am always wondering about other things to treat LS besides the steroids; is Clob the Clobetasol; that’s what I’ve been using

Hi there,

I have had LS for years. Thirty years of torture with an itch I’d scratch till it bled. I had five children and none of my ob/gyn’s mentioned it and when I asked, they said not to wear nylon underwear. The itch continued till I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist. He hardly looked and said immediately that it was Lichen Sclerosis and gave me Viscous Xylocaine, Phenol and Water – a cream mixture. It worked immediately! It was like a miracle after all those years of torture. Since then, my gyn has prescribed Clobetasol. It says in the drug book that it should only be used for 2 weeks at a time. (2 x day). Last visit to the doc’s, he told me I had to use it again as the introitus is beginning to scar and tighten up (the bottom opening to the vagina). So here I go again. Luckily I rarely have an itch anymore and although I’ve lost the labia minora and part of the clitoris, everything still works. I think it’s an immune disease. I also have some psoriasis of my nails and split one of my nails vertically, which won’t connect again. (per the dermatologist). I used to have pitted fingernails, but not anymore. They look fine. I just take multivitamin powder called RELIV which seems to do wonders generally for me. I’m a distriibuter if anyone is interested in getting it. It is about $45 a month. Hope you are doing ok. caps326