Lichen Sclerosus Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Lichen Sclerosus. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I have had LS for the past 3 years. I am looking to share and information and support from others with LS.

I developed LS after Menopause. I want to communicate with other older women who have this condition.

I have LS, for two years.

54 yr old female from Michigan with LS

I have Lichen Sclerosus. I want to know how other’s are copeing with it, had it for over 10 years. Want to find a CURE FOR IT. Also interested in other subjects like anxiety, depression, auto’immune diseases. Aso Chronic Pain, etc

I have Lichen Sclerosus. I want to know how other’s are copeing with it, had it for over 10 years. Want to find a CURE FOR IT. Also interested in other subjects like anxiety, depression, auto’immune diseases. Aso Chronic Pain, etc

newly diagnosed with ls and looking for information and support in dealing with it.

Hello, my name is Jacalyn. My “tie” with lichen sclerosus is through my 9-year-old daughter. She was diagnosed at age 3. It’s been a long 6 years and every day we pray that one day this ugly monster will go away for good! But, through it all, Jennae is a trouper! She’s a faithful servant of God’s, an incredible prayer warrior, and is bold to walk where the Lord would have her walk, with LS and all! Most of the time, things are under control, but when we least expect it, the LS will flare back up. We enjoy monitoring what others are doing to control flares, even though we aren’t very active posting and chatting.
Blessings,
Jacalyn

have had Lichen Sclerosis for aprox. 4 yrs.

I have suffered with lichen sclerosus for the past 15 or so years and have been part of your other board. Thanks for the invite.

Had this condition for 30 years before getting help finally! Now I rarely think about it. A dermatologist gave me a mixture of lidocaine for numbing, a steroid and water - it was a cream and it worked immediately. I couldn’t believe it. I had tried so many things over the years. Now I have clobetasol for flareups - which are rare.

Hello- Well I have been SUFFERING with LS for at least 20 years and I am 38. I remember being constantly DX with yeast infections and can recall how excruicating using the cream was and I would sit in a tub for hours. Guess what it wasn’t yeast it was undiagnoised LS. Next, at the age of 25 a doc. said it was a herpes flare-up. I just lived with this info and guess what after I had my first child and complained to the doc. about a herpes flare- up, he looked at it and said That is NOT herpes. He did a biopsy and it was definately LS. So I try to manage it with Corbetasol. It is annoying. Now after using birth control and having a major strep infection, I suffer with erythema nodosum. Leg condition that causes swelling and lumps, burning, etc. hence my user name, it figures.

I have lichen Sclerosus and want to be able to discuss my conditions with other women who understand it.

I was in the group Lichen_Sclerosis@ yahoogroups.com passing the information to a very dear friend that has this disease. The group is dying out and my friend needs more information. Reading Dave’s post makes it sound like this is the place!