Life after myotomy

does anyon have symptoms after myotomy eg constant sore throat

//anyon have symptoms after myotomy eg constant sore throat//

How long after the myotomy?

If it is has been very long this does not sound good. I would have it check and if nothing found then rechecked.

notan

Hi Meena,

I had chronic sore throat about a year ago. (I had a heller myotomy in 2003). I went to see Dr. Richter and had an endoscopy. Some scar tissue had built up and a possible stricture. We changed my reflux meds and I had a dilitation. Sore throat went away. Food had just been sitting there overnight and that’s why I had a sore throat and scratchy voice in the morning. That’s also why I was getting chronic infections/thrash in my esophagus/throat. Not fun.

Now though, I occasionally wake up with an acidic taste and white foam that I need to purge in the mornings, along with a slight sore throat if I don’t eat early enough or I sleep off my wedge.

You should go get checked if it’s been a while to see if it is acid reflux or food sitting there. If there’s a problem you want to catch it as early as possible.

-Lisbeth

Hi Meena

I sent you my surgeon and consultats detials a while ago have you managed to get your doctor to refere you to either of them yet.

Pippa