" Life on life's terms"

I gues ew all Know the true meaning of that one. What does everyone think?

to take things as they come, and to deal withwhatever comes up… whether it is good or bad. Bad stuff… well i think that is self-explanatory on dealin with … just do it hte best you can.
Now, i think that some ppl actually have a problem with accepting the good stuff life throws their way…

Life on lifes terms. I didn’t jump into this conversation right away because i felt i need to take a little more time with life on lifes terms. I am just now fully experiencing it. This is a new phrase for me since i am feeling like i am experiencing things for the first time. Now it is the first time for everything with out alcohol and drugs. I am fully experiencing the daily stress, and worries but i am also experiencing the true joys in life. Life on lifes terms can be hard for anyone. We all have problems but it is how you deal with them that can be a challenge. Right now i take my days one at a time. Yesterday was the past today is the present and tomorrow i am not even going to think about until it comes. Each day i wake up is a new day full of surprises. When i get stressed out i talk out my aggressions and frustrations and i go to meetings. I have been to meetings every night since my first one on sunday. Meetings help with talking things out and shows me how to truly deal with life on it’s terms. I found a wonderful group that also provides child care so i also get a break from the daily struggles of mother hood. Each day i wake up and don’t pick up something to help numb my mind is a miracle and awonderful feeling. One day at a time. this is how i am taking life on it’s terms. I have trouble accepting the good in my life and that is something i am also going to have to work on. I think to myself, i have done so much harm to me and others why do i deserve all this good. But i remind myself that i am worth it. We all are. If god can forgive all our wrongs then we need to learn to forgive our selves as others has already forgave us. Life on lifes terms. I am kicking your ass.
~ashley~