Lipomas in the chest

Does anyone have any experience with diffuse lipomas in the chest area??? I have some and I cant even wear a bra any more it is so painful.Its not only on my breast bone but under my breasts as well and I need some advice…

E…

i have them in the breast area, similar to where yours are. i have had them surgically removed several times, they just come back. and grow. most of them are diffuse, but there is one (or several) over my left breast, near my heart which feels lumpy, even ropey… those concern me, being so close to my heart. the one is about the size of a golf ball now. it was much smaller back around new years. it’s amazing how they grow so fast. the pain it caused scared me enough to send me to the ER, thinking i was having a heart attack. i got no answers then, and i have none now. the pain hasn’t gone away. i just wait, like the rest of us, wait … and hope for answers.

Mary Lou

E

I can’t wear a bra 1/2 the time either. Not attractive when you’re a 44 D and they hang to the ankles! I have problems breathing, short shallow breaths are the only way I can do it now. Also have nodules near my heart and I get palpations occasionally. Scares the living daylights out of me sometimes.

The ones on my ribs are in a flare and very painful right now, so no bra for me for a while and guess what, if anybody doesn’t like looking, they don’t have to look, they can look elsewhere!

XX
Benita

Angie:

I like that one about smacking the dr in the nose! Wouldn’t we all like to at one time or another!

To All:

Just had my 1st SS requested test - a Doppler ultrasound of my legs - reasoning - suppose to tell if my RLS is caused by blood reflux. Not a diffinitive test for RLS but in some cases it can be a cause. Had one over a year ago by my previous neurologist I was seeing in Knoxville for the swelling b/c he was concerned about clots. It was normal then and it’s normal now. They also took my bp at my wrists and ankles - already discussed w/you guys that I have lot of pain in those areas - tech was really witchy with me (sub any letter you like, really feel bad about lumping poor witches in with her) about the pain I felt and about why was I using a cane and for how long - that she didn’t understand why I would need one! I asked her if she was familiar with DD and, of course, she wasn’t. I said that if I wanted to walk w/o falling, then I needed the cane at the very least on my good days.

Very snotty attitude so I guess I can see the writing on the wall with the Internal Med doctor of theirs next Tuesday and the psych in November. I think they, as medical professionals must, at the very least, familiarize themselves with the condition they are to be examining me for. While I’ve been down this road so many times before, I no longer have the patience (more irritable I guess because of pain and all changes I’ve had to make in my life and the fact that I can’t lose wt no matter how much I starve myself, and just plain tired of it all) to deal with the uneducated and uninformed medical professionals, especially when they all but come out and say that you are lying or if you would loose wt you would be in better shape.

I’m expecting the worst from these doctors b/c that’s what they are basically paid for, to find that you are not disabled and should be working. Funny, my company’s LTD carrier has found sufficient evidence that I cannot work in my own profession nor can I work any other job for over 2 yrs. and they are known in the industry for being very strict about approvals.

Like that popping them in the nose line more and more. Should say, I have a theory that if I popped you in the nose, it wouldn’t hurt, especially wouldn’t hurt me; therefore, it wouldn’t hurt you. The doctor might not like what you say but you can’t argue with the theory that nothing is going to convince them that you are hurting, if they don’t want to believe that it hurts.

They’re making me jump through hoops that aren’t necessary because they have the records of my neurologist, 2 pcp, the Rheumatologist who DX me and the pain mgmt dr who gave up because there was nothing she could do to help me that my pcp couldn’t do and because I was on a limited income, she didn’t see why I should continue to pay to see so many doctors when 1 dr could prescribe everything I was taking.

I’ve got about 20 DX of varying kinds which, other than DD, pain and a couple of others, are probably not totally disabling but if you add them all together, you wonder how I did it for so long. Pure pigheadedness, same reason I have a wheely walker with a seat that I refuse to use yet and that I haven’t asked for a wheelchair from my doc yet when there are clearly days I need one. Just too hardheaded to give in and I definitely pay for it later. Not going to use one unless no other way either.

I’m going for now but wish you all much luck with your disability claims w/SS and hoping you guys aren’t having the same problems I am with the sudden changes back and forth in the weather.

XX
Benita

I am having the same experience. I have several lipomas in my breasts and under my breasts on my ribs and now on my chest bone that are very flat and they are growing daily. I even have them on my clavicale to other clavical and one big one on my throat. If they are pressed (the ones on my chest above my chest and under my clavicle) i have a hard time breathing. I have had problems breathing for about 1 month now and i have found that the lipomas are growing very quickly. I can not wear a bra and due to the lipomas growing and the swelling in my chest i have had to go get bigger bras to help with all the swelling! What a MESS! But i was told by the Dr. last week that lipomas don’t hurt that i have fibromyalgia!!! I told him ok then let me smak your nose, i don’t think that would hurt either so lets try it!! He was not game for that. I explained to him that he can not tell me if something hurts or doesn’t hurt only i can tell him that.
This is such a hard disease seems like this disease changes from day to day and new things are always happening to us. I am glad that we can all vent and share here.
Angie

Hi Angie, I am so sorry your Doctor is uneducated about this disease.? I can never understand how someone can tell someone else whether they hurt or not.?

My daughter has Fibromyalgia and has nodules but not Lipomas.? Doctor’s should know the difference.

Joan

Yes I do! I am also on oxygen. related? no one knows yet. I have them from my scalp down to my feet and everywhere in between.

My breast, under my breast, collar bone, clavical, the whole 9 yards here. I don’t wear a bra unless I go out, which is rare. I feel like a recluse. Bras kill me, even the larger sized ones. I do have strings of them in my breast. Thinking back, the first ones I had were under my arms and breast and in my breast and they hurt SO bad! I wear big knit pants and T-Shirts all day long as anything the least bit tight hurts and aggravates the lil’ monsters!

Judy

I think many of us have that problem. I can’t wear a real bra, but I am very large and still work, so I wear sleep bras to work and none at home.

Pamela

I found a lipoma on my chest a couple of years ago and went immediatly to the doc. My grandmother had breast cancer, thats when they told me they were “just” lipomas.

I have several more now in that area but tons more on my arms and legs and new ones on my feet now.

I think the first lipoma I really noticed years ago was right under my bra line unders my left rib area, that one I had removed it was about the size of a large egg. Now I have baby aliens growing all around the scar, not likely to get any more removed any time soon.

Brennie

I wonder if the lumpo they removed when they removed the lipomas in 2001 was really a lipoma and not a cyst like I thought