Live Chat Rooms

Hello Brothers and Sisters. I just sent a message to the “Web Master” of careplace, concerning the need for Live Chat Rooms, like AA’s site has. What do you think? Alot of messages to careplace could help. The site is really “crippled” without them. >> RobRoy

i think thats a good idea, as cometimes you need to know someone is there, right at that second if you see what i mean!

btw, robroy, whats with the “quotation marks” around everything!?

i hope everyone is having a good day xx

Well RobRoy. Yes and No. I am a member of qiute a few communties. One of the communities i am in is because my mother suffers from The desiese. But yes many suffer from several ilnesses or have someone very close to them who sufferes. Not all who join suffer from it them selves but rather someone close to them. Does that help in answering your Q? talk to you soon. xoxox
~ashley~

Yes, Ashley. Thank you very much. However, with alcoholics, and alcoholism, we tend to want to focus on so many issues, that the 100% focus on our alcoholism community can suffer.

TNX for the hugs & kisses >> Rob Roy

A live chat area would be a nice addition to this site! That was/is actually what I was/am looking for. Having someone there at your most desperate moment is a heaven send! I hope that they do listen.

I PERSONALLY DON,T LIKE CHAT SITES. THE ONES I,VE POPPED IN ON IS LIKE A SCATTERGORY OF SUBJECTS. SOMETIMES YOU WILL ASK A SERIOUS QUESTION AND NO ONE RESPONDS. OTHERTIMES ITS CLIQUEY AND OLD MEMBERS IGNORE NEW MEMBERS. OR SOME ONE BREAKS IN WITH A FILTHY REMARK.i DON,T THINK ITS AS EASILY MONITORED AS CAREPLACE. I FIND THEM TO BE CHEAP IMITATIONS OF CAREPLACE. I THINK THE DEPRESSION GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM HAS A VERY GOOD RECORD OF RELATED AND INTERESTED REPLIES.TO ME CHAT ROOMS ARE PICK UP SITES. SINCERELY, GRAMMS PS I CAN HEAR THE BOOS AND I,M OK WITH THAT…

We all have our preferences and Gramma, your reasons are quite valid, at least, I’ve had similar experiences. But not always, and I hope that this live chat that we’re discussing will be an addition, not a replacement for the current site offering. Can someone clarify whether we’re talking adding chat versus replacing the current format with chat…? My perception was that it was the former. An addition would give the user the option to join a live chat or comment in a forum… that’s what I am in favor of.

i think its a great idea

Hey guys,

Hopefully you've all discovered the "Join Chat" link at the top right hand corner of the page!  Pretty soon, we'll be launching a group chat ability as well to let you all chat in one window!

For more directions, see here:

http://www.careplace.com/faq?w=features

(Click the "How do I chat" link)

best,

ajer 

hi ajer it will b great 2 have a chat line up & running thats wot i was looking 4 in the first place ta 2 letting me no keep in touch karkie

ajer alcoholism-cpt1349@lists.careplace.com wrote:

I also agree with having a live chat. I like the one we have in here. It isn’t set up so just any body that comes into chat can chat in your conversation, and it is actually private between two people. I agree with Gramms about her experience in chat rooms. I’ve had the same experience, and I have had some real good experiences as well. But I like this one, bkz if you choose to talk to more then one perosn, you can, and no one else is the wiser. It just takes you or them longer to answer you, but that is okay too. I just wish more would use chat. Many nights I get in here, and there is NO ONE in Chat. We wanted it so bad, and now no one uses it, Why?
Bip

I also agree with having a live chat. I like the one we have in here. It isn’t set up so just any body that comes into chat can chat in your conversation, and it is actually private between two people. I agree with Gramms about her experience in chat rooms. I’ve had the same experience, and I have had some real good experiences as well. But I like this one, bkz if you choose to talk to more then one perosn, you can, and no one else is the wiser. It just takes you or them longer to answer you, but that is okay too. I just wish more would use chat. Many nights I get in here, and there is NO ONE in Chat. We wanted it so bad, and now no one uses it, Why?
Bip

Bip

I think a live chat is wonderful and it could me monitored by invited members only . But lately my problem is being able to click into the chat. Is anyone else having that problem. I know I’m doing everything correct but I’m still unable to access. Could someone please help I miss chating even if it is only a one to one box…

Hi everyone,
I too think we should have live chat. When we go in here and talk like this, it is frustrating that we can’t talk to each other, just in a forum. Some of us needs some input to our questions when we ask them, not a few days later. So please get us live chat in here. Thank you Bip

I read the one comment/question asking if we are in all of the different topics, are you all of that? I don’t think so, but I do think the ones we have put down or become a member in a forum, it because either we ourselves are affected/someone we know is; and usually a mate or a family member. We actually do have some insight into these different things only because we have need to learn about them. So it is a good thing that we talk on so many different topics. Bip

i think chat rooms r a good idia but im in the uk & with the time scale diff every1 is in bed when u log on

live chat rooms now iam so out of step nice to though,