Long Time, So much

I can get so distracted by life that I forget about the simple things. It has just all come at me so fast, especially everything dealing with graduation. Plus life has not been so kind to me lately. A thought friend ended up leaking information to my mother about my girlfriend and I. So that informed my mother of the relationship and ever since I have been treated like an alien in my own home. Just by her though because my father does not know; if he did, he would kick me out point blank. On top of all of this, I am trying to complete my Senior Thesis, which is required to graduate. I am really behind in this and cannot seem to catch up. And I have this sight and am trying to not use it too much as a release but more support, of course. But I am ending up doing that. Who knows

I don't really understand why having a relationship would cause ill feelings or disowning you with your parents???  I'm usually quite happy when my daughters have a relationship.  I don't like them to be alone out in the big world.

Being pressured by school is a very common and stressful issue, and I feel your pain.  Been there, done that!  What I have done in the past was tell my friends and family that I love them but have to concentrate on my thesis and please don't feel neglected - it's just necessary and important to me.  They'll (hopefully) understand and backoff in hopes not to contribute to your stress.

Feel free to vent anytime.  That's what this site is all about.  If you want to send a private message, I'll be happy to listen anytime.  :)

The school stress I understand…as well as trouble w/parents venting here is good their are many understanding folks on here…

Angelbaby,
I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having such a hard time. I think that the “thing” you’re having with your Mom may just be age appropriate. You’re both at the stage of untying the apron strings. Can you sit down and talk with her?
I remember having trouble with my mom around that age. I hope it’s better.

Angelbaby,
I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having such a hard time. I think that the “thing” you’re having with your Mom may just be age appropriate. You’re both at the stage of untying the apron strings. Can you sit down and talk with her?

Angelbaby,