Looking at Time

One thing I see alot of with going through treatment is how we look at time frames. Example: How long till we start treatment…or Howlong we’ve been on treatment…and then the BIG ONE…how much time we have still to do treatment ! Well how we look at it , watch it or become absorbed by it can drive one batty. So I would love to share how I learned to… " Do Time "
You can’t look at it on a day to day basis or even week to week. And sometimes the months just loom ahead forever. So I see ’ IT ’ in a different way and learned it from a different way a very long time ago, another lifetime ago. It start from when I was actually doing time in a place when time stares you in the face, that was during parts of my life incarcerated. And i could never count the days from the beginning of the " Sentence’. I wouldn’t even mark my calendar until it was at the halfway mark. Then I got really crafty eyes…I would look at the dates on the milk carton that you got with your meals. Crazy I know but hey it usually gave me a glimpse of the future as the present . Go ahead, scratch your head, think me nutty, I’m the first to admit I am ( lol ) . Now…this is what I do with my Hep treatment …you ready for this brainstorm…I look at how many refills I have on my Pegastron box. And remember each box has a months supply and my box has 6 refills. So now I can look into the future 6 months down the road !!! Just think 6 refills really doesn’t sound like a big number . Seems like we’re always haveing to call in re-fills, well I am . So I forsee myself having to get my script re-newed after just going through my 6 re-fills. Now you my think it doesn’t make sense at all but I betcha more than one here will be going to see how many refills they got before calling in a new script. And please be honest, humor me and tell me who did and who didn’t… …Looking for my number 5 !!!

I’ve reached the halfway point myself and the first thing I did? Figured out how many more refills I was going to need! I already have my 48 week bloodwork scheduled so I know when my time is done…but still…every day is one day closer.

Halfway is a wonderful mile marker isn’t it ! I just hit that myself, now the rest is downhill in a good way !!! How you been doing with your treatment? I recieve some wonderful uplifting compliments at my last HIV support group meeting. You know when you feel good it shows on the outside and when someone says your looking really , REALLY good , it makes you feel even better. And i tell them its either the B12 I’ve been taking or it’s the puppy chow !!!