Looking for New Treatments

Hi folks.

Since Laine’s last scan, and the ONC’s decission to return to a Chemo that she has already been on, we are now seeking an appointment at MD Anderson. We should know this week or next if we can get in.

I only hope we have not waited to long.

Please keep Laine in your prayers.

Slowhand (Ron)

Keep us up to date Ron, if you can. I’ve heard a lot of good things about MD Anderson. Hope you can get there.
You’re both in my prayers.

Hello Folks

The MD Anderson appointment could not be worked out. They told us she has had to much treatment to be eligable for any of their trials.

I called PAN CAN and spoke to a pals associate. She was so kind, she listed all Laines treatments into a data base and came up with 19 phase II trials Laine may be eligable for. I called each Trail administrator and we eliminated 7 of the 19. I have sent all 12 protocals to our ONC and we will see what he tells us Friday.

I spoke to the ONC last week and he basically told me this chemo is the last thing he hast to offer, and Laine would have about 6 months after this chemo begins to fail.

This of course is not an acceptable answer so we are grasping for any hope we can find.

Please Keep Laine in your prayers

Slowhand (Ron)

we are also looking for treatment options outside of the average chemo protocol.
what treatments has Laine had so far, what stage was she in when diagnosed and has it spread elsewhere?
my dad was diagnosed in sept 2007, stage 4, spread to his liver and lungs. we have already gone through one round of a two month treatment and it continued to spread. we are now waiting to hear if the insurance company will cover the FOLFOX (5-FU and Oxiplaitin) with Tarceva ( a pill ) After this, even if we get to try it out and see how it does, that will be all they can do. there is a 10% chance of it working.