Lower Back

I am wondering how many others have severe lower back pain…Mine is so bad it hurts like HE- - even to touch it. …So massage is not an option…Share some relief tips wont ya’ll??
I can only lay on my left side without severe pain and I can only go a short while walking without severe pain…

I find that warm baths help the most and to know that you dont have to have someone massage as in rubbing your back, but if they just gentley place their hand in a spot and hold it there the warmth does alot,then just go around the area like that, it is a good massage. Like my mother always said you dont have to rub hard for it to work. Hot water bottle maybe something to use all day. Let me know if you found something else that worked well. Hope you find some “real” relief. Wll be thinking about you. Sha Sha

I find that those heat patches you can buy from drugstores that stick to YOU not your clothes really help me the pack says upto 8houres i get about half of that but to me it seems like forever just to have a relief from the pain and spasms, I keep these though for the real bad days as i know i will get used to them if I USED EVERYDAY, but i use a natuarl based heat roll that i found from a a natraul remedy company it warms the area and the ball at the end of the applicator massages the muscle and as you are appying it you have control of the pressure used.
NOTE not recommending just saying what works for me hugs all once again HELEN

Hi Elaine,

Yes, my low back/girdle area is the most painful area on my body. I have a huge lumps all across the lumbar area, one which has been there for over 30 years. I am assuming it is wrapped around my spine by now. It not only causes terrible pain and spasming, but I think it is the tumor putting pressure on nerves and causing the neuropothy in my leg. I notice a lot of you are using heat. I did that for years because it sounded so soothing, but I have discovered over the years that ice works much better for me in that area. It is especially helpful if the painful area feels very warm or hot to the touch. Ice seems to take the heat out, and the inflammation down. I know it sounds terrible, but give it a try and see which really works best for you. Those OTC patches work pretty well too, as long as you only use them occasionally.

Pamela

Hi all, yes I can really relate to the lower back/girdle pain, I had two lipomas taken out last may one 8 cm and one6.5 cm. There are more and I think they go all the way around as my waist is the largest part of me compared to the rest. I also have the terrible pain and spasms, leaning over at all sets mine off really bad…When I wake up in the a.m. that is the hardest, just trying to get out of bed is a chore. When I take my first step the spasm kicks in and I have to sit down and then gradually get up again. I’ve tried heat and ice and both make the pain worse, perhaps because of the slightest pressure… does everyone have trouble with weight? Esp. around the waist, in the and in the breast. My waist is actually 35 or so but my abdomen is 42 or more, all my shorts etc. fit only low down under the hanging belly…thank you for all your kind replys. Ladymary

You need to only use moist heat never dry heat. Dry heat makes you worse…so heat up your large heating pad and wring out a hand towel in hot water and put the heating pad over the towel and put towel next to your skin. Lay on it with it under your lower back and elevate your knees with a pillow or two…make sure you do not burn yourself…take muscle relaxers if you have them!

My low back is getting worse all the time. The DD tissue is growing around the hips and making it so difficult to walk especially any long distance. I walk slower and slower all the time. I try walking for excercise but it is so hard and I give up after a while it just hurt too bad. The bottom of my feet get so sore I can’t stand it. I have to wear orthotics to be able to walk with out my legs hurting as much. My feet are really small too. My feet are really small too they take a lot of punishment carrying all this weight around on them.
But we got keep going right? I am not giving up. Get tired frustrated and down sometimes but have to pick myself up and keep going. I have a family to take care of. I dont’ think God is finished with me by a long shot.

Hugs,
Brennie

Poor Lady Mary…It is so pitiful we get the dreaded “apron”. It hangs there with two little friends hanging from your upper arms. You have to ask your husband or a passerby to hold your apron up for you so you can hose yourself down under the “apron” or “canopy” if you will. Just another DD delight! Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Hi Brennie,

I have orthotics but usually wear rubber crocks to ease the lumps on the soles of my feet. You might want to try them occasionally.

Hugs,
Pamela

I do wear them alot but I tend to rock back with them and makes my restless leg problems more intense. I actually love to wear them because they are cool and conveniant but no such luck. I haven’t ever actually bought the orignal brand of crocks may have to try the real thing instead of the cheap immatation. (sp?).

Hi, I wanted to ask someone what on earth causes such bad weight gain around the waist and causes a girdle to form in the belly,I can’t keep my shorts up due to the large girth I have now and will it keep growing? If the lipomas are so thick around my waist, in my lower back etc. do I just have to expect it will get worse?? I’m so frustrated at my fat middle…thanks for any help. Ladymary

Yes we all have that I think …the apron…I have had mine for over 30 yrs…It never went away even when I had a major weight loss…I think that is why we have some of the back pain too…Thats my opinion anyhow…I think its part of the reason I have some of the lower back pain…I did have an xray and an MRI and a bone scan but all it showed were white shadows(lumps) and now I can feel the lumps on my spine.Oh if only there were a way to reverse all the stuff DD brings…

Brennie,

I have one pair of original crocks, but I actually like Payless’ version better. (Airwalk) They are softer. The other knock offs are too hard for me.

Pamela