Lupus Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Lupus. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

I am 34, with three daughters, and I have SLE Lupus, RA, Fibromyalgia, and Shojrens Syndrome. There isn’t a day that doesn’t go by that I have pain some where through out my body. I am disabled due to how extreme my pain and condition can get.

I would like to hear from someone that has lupus. I look healthy, but I am always so tired. It’s so difficult to explain to my family. They don’t belive me, they think I’m lazy.
I step up to the plate as best as I can.

Hi - I’ve had cfids and fibro for about 12 years now. I am basically homebound and just able to take care of my barest needs for myself and my two bichons. One of the hard parts for me has been the isolation…having been used to a very social and exciting life pre-cfids(as most of us have).

I live in South Florida and would love to chat here or by phone with anyone who is interested in having a friend to laugh with…or just to share experiences with.

i want to learn has much has i can

Am concerned about weight gain. Have begun Cymbalta therapy and discontinued Wellbutrin. Already gained weight, perhaps ten pounds in less than a week to ten days.I cannot deal with any weight gain. Body image distortion would exacerbate all the situations I am already dealing with. My depression is of course biochemical, but the context of my life is quite challenging right now. Weight gain would create further crisis. First posting and question. HELP please, Community?

I am a 47 yr old happily married woman
Mother to one girl who is married and has 3 children
I’m Canadian and work for the school system with special need children, resource and children in crisis.
I LOVE my kids
I am being diagnosed at this time and want to learn more I already have Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, endometriosis, IBS.and Lupus which is why I battle depression.

Wishing to find out if anyone has tried Jill Harrington’s Lupus Recovery Diet and whether it has been successful.

I AM 22 ALMOST 23 AND I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH SLE WHEN I WAS 18. MY MOTHER DIED OF SLE AND OTHER COMPLICATINS WHEN I WAS TWO. SO I AM STILL LEARNING, actually both me and my husband are still learning together. He needs information on lupus also.

I am having a really bad ‘flare’ and have been put on methatrexate for a year! I cannot take steroids ie: Prednisone.
The methatrexate is causing it’s own set of problems and am looking for ideas from others how to cope with side effects?

I’m a busy Mom of 3 kids ! I love animals, photography and writing and my husband and kids! I used to work as a nurse, but the long hours and being around a lot of flus, etc did me in. Now, long hours as a Mom do me in. I am not the superMom I once wanted to be.

My SLE is flaring and worsening. I’ll be 40 in a week! My challenge is to redirect my life into new directions and goals than what they used to be and feel I am successful as a person.
I have chronic respiratory problems due to SLE among other things. I’ve learned to not push myself to perfectionism anymore. Thats been hardest to deal with.

I need a supportive network to connect with and learn from.

I’m wondering what others have found in homeopathic areas that help them. The drugs only get me so far. I’m searching for other ways to deal with my health issues than drugs and doctors and researching.

I have been living with Systemic Lupus, COPD, Monoclonal gammapathy and either Celiac, colitis or IBS. I am very, very tired and get depressed.

Mom of 4, like to talk to people and see if we can help each other through what ever is going on in their life. Try to find happiness if they are being sad.

my brother has lupus

I’m 43 and was diagnosed with Lupus 12 years ago.

I am 24 yrs old and i have a 5 yrs old daughter. At the age of 17 yrs old i was diagnosed with lupus. There are days that i don’t feel good. I suffer kidney problems, and i have no health insurance. I don’t know what to do…

I have been living with lupus for som many years and didn’t know it. When I finally got diagnosed it was no surprise. I just wish people would understand that when you say you are tired you really are and you are not just being lazy. I stopped working several months ago and I am going crazy. It was hard trying to work and deal with the Lupus but now people make comments like you just didn’t really want to work. On my good days I pray to stay like that. I say to myself, God please don’t let me lose this good feeling.

I guess i just want to connect with someone who understands what it’s like to live with this.

I want to learn more about lupus and treatment so I can be better informed about my daughter’s disease, and be as much of a help to her as I can.

I’m 63 and was dx last year with Lupus. Mostly on the skin now. I just want to connect with other who have a similar condition and see how they deal with the depression ect. Just want to learn more. Along the way I may be able to help someone else.

i am julia.supporting for peoples with lupus and created group about education,therapy and etc…