Major depression

Anyone out there that has severe major depression?

There are a lot of us here and I hope that it makes you feel a tiny bit better to know that you are not alone.

you are not alone, trust me.

You are definitly not alone. there is a lot of us here and we can help each other out.

Thank you very much for the support. I am so glad I am not alone. Maybe some can share your story and let me know how you are dealing with this problem. Thanks again

Hello, Does your depression come and go or do you experience on a daily basis? I have completely shut everyone in my life out. I do not go anythere, have not seen my best of friends in over a year. I am on medication so maybe it is me that I just cant move on. Are you able to handle daily activities as you use to?

My son, who is diagnosed with bipolar, has been in his room since last January. Luckily, he comes out for pdoc app’ts and family gatherings (most of them)… He lost contact with all of his friends and nobody even calls or emails him anymore. He used to be quite popular and went out almost every day. He often says he “hates everybody”. I don’t know how he gets through the dya. I try hard to be there for him and he has a good doc; they’re hard to find. My husband has suffered from severe depression, but he has benn on anti-depressants for awhile and although he is VERY moody, he is much happier. My husband and I are both diagnosed with diabetes, also. Sometimes it’s hard to be happy at my house.

I know what your son is going through. I used to be very outgoing and no seems to understand why I cannot get over this. I feel very alone since I have pushed everyone away. I really do not like to talk to anyone when I am so negative. I seem to be in a much better place then I was a year ago. My outlook on life is not a very good one. I have gained alot of weight so my clothes do not fit. I am not able to work because my memory seems to come and go. I am working part time but that will not keep me from losing my home. I just cannot believe this is happening to me. I notice my family is giving up on me too. I know there is nothing they can do. This is why I do not keep in touch with my friends. My outlook on life is very grim. I have my whole like ahead of me. Is this how it is going to be for the rest of my life? I am so terrified! I try to be positive but it is very hard. I really do not know what to do.

Thank you jakergwen…

Yep…sounds like my sweet son…his episodes happen approx every 3-4 years w/out meds. But he has only had 2 episodes of DEEP DEPRESSION like he is currently experiencing. Last one he came out of it after 18 mths and this time has been 14 mths so far…Hang in there, I don’t know the secret key that opens the door, but I will keep watch for it!

I just want everyone to know how glad I am that I found this site. I even sent an invite to my daughter and a friend.I have more friends than I ever had before, and at least I have a place to go to ask for advice or any questions about meds ect… You all are a great bunch of invisible friends…lol
Thanks guys…hugs to all

Sorry I have not responded to all who have written to me. Even writing this is very hard. I some how go to work and do an outstanding job at that, but once I’m home the idea of getting up to go to the bathroom can make me cry. I’m over clean normally except I can’t even go through the junk mail. I do clean the bathroom and kitchen though. But even doing that makes me cry and makes my stomach hurt and is not being done as often as it should. I can’t even write anymore cause it hurts knowing there’s no response back right now when I really need it. I don’t know where to go to get help this time around. I’m so tired of repeating “my problem”. Just once I would like those professionals to tell me how to start solving my problem other than start taking medicine at the same time everyday. I’m affraid to ask for help again cause I’m not taking medicine due to taking meds seemed to make my more depressed and seemed to cry 24/7. I hate what I’m doing, I hate what I’m not doing, and I really hate the hurt feeling in my stomach of wanting to take care of things then get up thinking right after I go to the bathroom I’ll get started and end up right back into bed. From the moment I get home Friday night after work until Monday morning that’s where I am. I’ve got to go, even this is killing me.

southpaw ((((hugs)))) I truely dont know what to say to you.

Do you have the energy to see if there are any support groups for depression that you could go to in person? (if you can bring yourself to do that). Im just thinking that if you could get yourself to something like that it may help as it sounds like you could do with some friends in your real life who you could turn too when needed… just to vent etc Friends can sometimes help to lift us up when we are just unable to do it ourselves.

Is your life just all about work and then housework once you get home??? if so… try to get yourself out (I know that can be real hard!). To a park, beach or anywhere nice near by to try enjoy and relax in. If you need to cry there do so… but try to take in some of the scenery. Is there anything you do like? If so try to treat yourself. If there is anything which makes you just a touch happier… try to do it. (and dont feel bad if you find that you just cant bring yourself to do anything).

Hi Southpaw…I totally identify with you, going to work doing a great job!! Then you go home and feel miserable. I have been reading about Vit B12 shots which I’ve tried and believe me it helps somewhat. Maybe talk with your doctor about it. Yes…going to the bathroom can be a chore. Just one hour at a time, we’ll make it.

Thank all you girls for your support…