Male factor infertility

Many of you probably already know this, but I wanted to post it since most members are women, and some doctors only focus only on the female in infertility issues.

I have tried to get pregnant for over a year now. I have hypothyroidism, so I thought maybe that was the issue. I got my level in a good range, charted my cycle, used ovulation testing strips, and I still did not get pregnant. Still, I was worried the problem was me or something I was doing wrong. I quit drinking, slowed down my exercising, and suffered a considerable amount of stress each month. My doctor was going to prescribe clomid for me after a semen analysis and HSG.

We started fertility testing with a semen analysis and found out my husband had “no significant semen present” in his sample. This is not by any means good news, but at least it let us know what was going on and gave us a chance to explore potential treatment. So, please get a semen analysis if you are having fertility problems and have not yet had that test.

I too was in the same boat as you except mine was unexplainable until just recently, my husband’s semen analysis came back zero sperm. But the funny thing about it is that he has had a child (when he was younger and a DNA test was done). We went to see a Urologist, but because our insurance doesn’t cover it Dr. will not follow with any other procedures. Can I ask, what steps are you guys taking, if you don’t mind me asking. We are desperate like everyone else!