Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I am a single parent of three wonderful angels. I have a daughter, seen in my photograph, and two unique and wonderful boys. My two sons were both born with an extremely rare genetic disorder known as “X-Linked Alpha Thalassemia Mental Retardation Syndrome” Both boys are have sever developmental delays. Both are non-verbal and communicate with limited signs. They love to laugh and are easily entertained by the small things in life.

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I was diagnosed with MFH in 2001. After surgery and chemo, I have had no reoccurence…knock on wood!

My husband was diagnosed with MFH last year and was wondering what the five year survival rate was. I never get chance to talk to my husband’s dr alone and my husband hasn’t asked so I would prefer that he not know that I would like to know.

I have “metachronous” MFH since 2000.

Hello!
I’m happy to find another support and informational website out there for MFH. My husband (33) was diagnosed with stage III MFH in his right thigh January 07. He went through 4 rounds of chemo and had the tumor removed from his leg just 2 weeks ago. He is doing really well. We will meet with the radiologist oncologist next week. Take care!
Lexi

Hi David Hughes,

I am a Survivor of MFH, but still live in silent fear of it coming back… i appreciate your email introducing me to this site,

I am recovering from surgery and radiation from MFH Sarcoma on my upper back. I am interested in ways to accelerate the recovery.

My partner has secondary MFH in his arm and shoulder.

I’m interested in this cancer because i am a survior and i have had this cancer 3 times and i whould like to talk to ppl about this so that i might learn from there experinces and to know that i’m not the only one because this is so rare that there are not many out there to talk about this alot of ppl don’t know that this cancer exsists. I whould like to talk to anyone and know that there are more out there with this type of cancer THANKS

My mom has been diagnosed with Stage IV MFH – we are planning on bringing her to MD Anderson – any suggestions???

I was diagnosed with MFH in 2004. My second remission just ended Monday with the news that I have another (2nd)tumor at my primary site in my thigh plus a new lung met. This is my 4th go round with lung mets. All of my previous surgeries (9) have been at Stanford. Now I’m trying to get into UC Davis to be seen by a new orthopaedic surgeon. It’s taking so long to get an appointment. I’m frustrated.

I am interested in MFH---------because it has been a part of my LIFE since 1996. In 99 I was given 5 years to live-----“Hello” I am still here. Never give up or get depressed.

My husband has MFH which has metastisized to his lungs.

My brother-in-law is dealing with MFH right now. I would just like to know how other families are dealing with this

21 years survivor

My dad was diagnosed in January with a pelvic soft tissue sarcoma(12cm in size in the psoas muscle). I’m an occupational therapist with hopes that he will be able to undergo an internal hemipelvectomy and with therapy return to a happy, healthy life. No mets at this point. Undergoing 96hrs first of each month of chemo with hopes of shrinking tumor before surgery. Looking for info and support. It’s been devastating as an only child and “Daddy’s Little Girl”. Up until Dec. he was managing a horse farm with no problem. Thanks, Enlowe

HI, RYC DO YOU STILL HAVE MFH?