Melanoma Member Introductions

hi. melanoma if it isn’t treated with a doctor but through prayer and herbs
Just had a breast mamogram done. want to do another test…ultra sound…think its connected?

I would like to talk with other people who have been diagnosed with ocular melanoma.

After having surgery for stage II melanoma 12 years ago, I recently had surgery for stage IV metastatic melanoma. I will be underoging interferon treatment and would like to find out other people’s experiences with it.

Had melanoma 10 years ago, but never seem to be free of it, even though I am supposed to be. Cat scans are always coming up with new spots to be investigated.

Last year around this time I had been diagnosed with melanoma and luckily I was able to get it removed with no further treatment. I know that I have been truly lucky that it has not spread. At this point I have been cancer free for almost a year but deep down I am still very concerned for any reoccurence. As lucky as I am I still have been dealing with these emotions inside me due to the fact that my husband has not been supportive at all. He never came to any doctors appts or ever cared to discuss my feelings or his. We have never had a discussion on what I was going thru and still carry with me. His answer to me was you’ll be just fine and I really do not want to talk about it. So I never pushed it any further and just dealt with it on my own and it seems as f I will deal with it alone. Maybe I am making more of it than I should but everyday I live with a fear of a mold gone bad.

Hi,
My name is Nancy and my son-in-law was told today that a mole that removed on his leg last week is a melanoma. He is an avid bicycle rider and it was on the back of his leg. It just kept filling up with blood. He will go back tomorrow to get his referral to a surgeon. I am a little worried because they live in Odessa, TX which is fairly small. I know how important support groups are. My husband died three years ago from a brain tumor and I can’t imagine how much harder it would have been for us if we had not been on the brain tumor support group. If anyone has any advice send it on.
Nancy

My stepfather was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma a couple years ago. It started as a mole on his back. He is now fighting liver cancer. I am looking for any support groups for my family.

Newly diagnosed with Melanoma

Hi. I have recurrent melanoma and are interested to find out if anyone else has had isolated limb perfusion.
Thanks

I have recently been tested for melanoma on three moles and will be tested for melanoma on 6 more.

Hi I just found this site, I had a stage 2 melanoma diagnosis in March 2006. went through 2 surgeries and now under close supervision by my oncologist. Looking to meet others to offer support both ways. Still going through the inner emotions of is it gone or is this just the calm before the storm so to speak.

Hi,

I was just diagnosed having melanoma. I am a 42 year old mom, my children are 4 and 5 years old. I have no clue what is going to happen and would love to connect with others.

I was just diagnosed - had a biopsy on one mole. They said early melanoma and I have a full body skin check scheduled for next week. No surprise, I"m scared and was hoping to talk with others and get information.
Thanks
bebe

Hi… I have lived with a diagnosis of melanoma for 6 days now…all from a simple mole removed from the top of my foot. I have seen a general surgeon and a cosmetic surgeon. IThey are trying to find a time for surgery - and a sentinel node biopsy. I am terrifed and so frighted. I am ready to learn and read about this.

I have been dianosed currently in treatmeaat at MD Anderson

First off do not get the cart before the mules. Stage 3 I know a lot of folks alive today with stage 3. See what the scans say then please write us back so maybe we can help you cope but I think the news is not as bad as one seems. Have faith.

Rick Stebbens

Troysgirl melanoma-cpt2294@lists.careplace.com wrote:

My boyfriend was just had a biopsey of a mole on his forehead, an some blood work. The results were a stage 3 melanoma, and psa was elevated to a 10, what i have researched so far psa can be considered normal from a 2.8 to a 5.3. This leads me to believe its spread. At this point still waiting for results from the lymph biopsey. And they haven’t done the pet or cat scans yet.
I’m here to share an find out more to help, as most of you know. As i do when i was diagonosised with Hodgkins in 84, and beat it. This time is very hard, all the feelings and emotions are a bear. From fear, to anger, to why me. Then to what to do, what can help.
My boyfriend Troy has 5 kids from age 21 to 8 years old, an is divorced, He just told them yesterday. And they too are now trying to cope.
Thanks for letting me vent an share…
be safe an well…
deb

Try to focus on what can be done - and be open to good advice - be brave -
and ensure he trusts his oncologist

Then realize that the future ma actually be bright

So enjoy the finite time - and push thos boundaries back

Love and Healing

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: Troysgirl [mailto:melanoma-cpt2294@lists.careplace.com]
Sent: 31 October 2007 03:40
To: iandixon25lr@googlemail.com
Subject: Re: [melanoma] Melanoma Member Introductions

Thank You Ian
That has been my advise to him, stay positive.
One of the challanges he is to go thru is where to get his treatment, since he has his own business an no insurance. At this point his option has been thru the Vetrans Hosp. I so wish he could use my Doctor from Kiaser Fontana, just an fantastic man who saved my bacon…

Again i thank you for the uplifting comments…
take care
an be well…
deb

Just a note to say hello. I recently underwent two surgeries for melanoma on my nose. The first excision and then a second when it was determined the margins had to be larger. I worked with good doctors, including my plastic surgeon. I have a few more tests to go. CP has been very helpful for me. I support you all.