Memory Problems

I’ve been having problems with my short term memory since my carotid artery dissection from FMD.I know that I had a TIA from it but, was told that as the artery healed and blood flow improved I would probably see improvment.This happened last November . I feel like my short term memory is worse. I will talk to Dr about it on next visit butI’m curious if others are having trouble with memory. I forget things that I heard only a few minutes ago sometimes which I can tell frustrates my family ( not to mention me ).Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else has same problem.
Lucy

Hey, Nancy…I agree, Gina really is a kick…and it’s that sense of humour that’s going to keep her with all of us for a long, long time!
Betty

I have that problem all the time. I was never told that I had a stroke, but I believe that I did. I found out later that there were a lot of things that my cardio never told me. I think you will improve over time. I still forget things but not as bad, my husband calls FMD (female mental disorder) because he will tell me something and 5 minutes later I will ask him again or I will tell him something, and tell him again in 5 min. I am not as bad as I used to be. So hang in there it gets better.
The other day, I kinda got lost in walmart, I had trouble finding the checkout lines, I was in the ladies clothing dept, going around and around… I dont know what was wrong with me that day. Female mental disorder, I guess. Haahaa.
Gina

Gina -
You made me laugh out loud!

Nancy

----- Original Message -----
To: addimus@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [fmd] Memory Problems

Gina that was a good one !!Think I’ve got the same thing lol You are too funny! Lorraine

One day, I cooked some hot dogs for lunch, just boiled them on the stove and ate them on bread. There was one left in the pot, and i just left it there no big deal. An hour later, I was smelling something burning, I thought my inlaws up the road were burning trash. I even mentioned they must be burning trash and it was a stinky trash. LOL . Over an hour later I found the last burnt hot dog in the pan, burnt black. Good thing that it was on low heat. I try to watch that now. I am turning in to an old woman. LOL

I have known Gina for a while now and she is very
special to me as well. She has been a gift that I
don’t know what I would have done without.
Beth
— Nancy in DC fmd-cpt6098@lists.careplace.com
wrote:

~--------------- sent
via careplace.com
~-~ Nancy in DC posted the message below in the
Fibromuscular Dysplasia Forum.
~-~ The entire conversation can be found here:
http://www.careplace.com/forum/topic/6098
~-~ To respond to this message, reply to this email
or sign in to CarePlace.com
~-~ To start a new conversation, email
fmd@lists.careplace.com or sign in to CarePlace.com
~-~ To see Nancy in DC’s profile, go here:
http://www.careplace.com/view/Nancy in DC
~--------------- all
text below this line will be cut off in your reply

Gina -
You made me laugh out loud!

Nancy

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [fmd] Memory Problems

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go
to http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

well thank you ladies.

Hi Gina, my gosh you could be describing me! I have been talking about my short term memory for the last
month or two. I know it is not the “norm” that others experience. My son has been living back with us for a short while until he starts the academy. He looks at me strangley sometimes and says “mom you just asked me that”. GEE it is frustrating. I have never had a tia that I know of, but do have carotid fmd which has increased lately along with the renal. Found it so interesting, becasue also like you I have two times left things burning on the stove! My gosh if I am like this at 50, what the heck it if make it to 75???
Okay, take care…I am not here to often as I am still trying to navigate this sight…
oxooxoxmimi