Menopause and depression with low thryroid

I have been having problems with depression and anxiety since Sept. and now am on Lexapro. I have always had low thyroid since having most of it removed when I was a sophmore in college. I just had my levels checked and they said they are fine, but after going on line and researching things I am wondering.
I have lost ten pounds and everyday is a struggle now to keep everything together. I have some issues with my marriage, I have an extra difficult class to teach this year and I just had my daughter get married. I have a son who is dyslexic and he is at home. He is a Jr. in high school.
I have a friend who is a physician and he listened to me spill out all of my sorrows about my marriage in Sept. We have gotten very close emotionally but I think that he is very immature and doesn’t know how to deal with everything that I am going through.
Does anyone have some of this issues?
I am feeling old, ugly, extremely tired, and that I want to just lay in bed and hide from the world.

I agree with citygirl, talk to your husband. i was one of those lucky people who woke up happy every day until I was diagnoed with diabetes (I also have low thyroid) 14 years ago. I really think it was a chemical change, because I feel so different. And then when I hit menopause, I lost my sex drive completely,too. My husband (dignosed with depression, but he’s on a very helpful antidepressant) is pretty helpful, but our son was recently diagnosed with bipolar and life is just tough at our house. We all do try to make the best of it, and have been to therapists here and there, who were very helpful. Our family is relatively supportive, also. I find keeping busy is the best thing for me personally, and to recognize that even the worst days go by, and better ones come. Good luck to you.

I agree with citygirl, talk to your husband. i was one of those lucky people who woke up happy every day until I was diagnoed with diabetes (I also have low thyroid) 14 years ago. I really think it was a chemical change, because I feel so different. And then when I hit menopause, I lost my sex drive completely,too. My husband (dignosed with depression, but he’s on a very helpful antidepressant) is pretty helpful, but our son was recently diagnosed with bipolar and life is just tough at our house. We all do try to make the best of it, and have been to therapists here and there, who were very helpful. Our family is relatively supportive, also. I find keeping busy is the best thing for me personally, and to recognize that even the worst days go by, and better ones come. Good luck to you.