Menopause Member Introductions

need help

im 56,mother of five,grandmother to thirteen.i have M.E. my hobbies are needlework.reborning.im interested to hear from others who have M.E. plus going through the menapause.

I have had both Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia for over 20 years. I’m 45 and live in KY.

I am a Women’s Health Advocate and I educate women about natural alternatives to HRT and help them understand what is going on in their body and why it’s happening, and explain to them the dangers of synthetic hormones. I go by Dr. John Lee’s recommendations and have seen thousands of lives changed.

I am coming up for 54 in a months time. I am experiencing heaving and frequent (every 10 days) periods. Could this be the start of the menopause for me. My mum and sister both experienced the menopause in their 40’s, both subsequently had cancer and died. What are my chances? I’d like to talk to anyone of a similar age to me who is or has yet to go through the menopause.

I’d like to connect with others who suffer from the same disorder as I do

i am going through the menopause as i 51 and will be 52 on the 18th march 07, i go around 40 days from my last period to the next one, last month i was quite heavy lasting 9 days, this month lighter but still bleeding and its now 2weeks since i statred my period, is this normal and can i get medical help to stop the bleeding.

I am a 55 year old woman with three children

I recently married a man who has depression. He can’t take many medications for it because they make him sick. So he has just about given up trying new ones. Along with his depression comes paranoia and anger. I thought I knew what I was coming into when I married him but I didn’t really know.
I really need to find a support group for me to talk over his behaviors to see if they are from depression or if it is just because he is a man.
I have my own problems. I have epilepsy, peripheral neuropathy and Gerd. I belong to a forum for Peripheral neuropathy that is great, NPNC. I had my first seizure at 16 and it has been controlled for years, until 98 when I began to have petit mals. In 02 I got them under control. Because of years of taking Dilantin I develped peripheral neuropathy.

I turned 40 this past year. I have a loving husband and combined total of four kids between us. We live in Michigan surrounded by lots of animals and a lot of love. I suffer from many conditions but the worst hit me (even though I was born with it) a few years back so I had to stop working. I suffer from a condtion called Ehlers Danlos Syndrom or EDS. EDS is a connective tissue disease which makes all of my joints in my body weak. I can roll over during the night and easily dislocate my shoulders or wrists. EDS is a collegen disorder. Collegen is in 90% of our body so therefore my entire body is weak along with internal tissues, eyes, ears, stomach, bowel and so on. EDS is also considered a arthritic condition which is very painful. Pain consumes my life. I am tired, weak, scared and trying to figure out what to do with myself now that I can not work. I do have a loving family that supports me but it is really hard to get people to understand what I go through on a daily basis. I belong to many support groups so having that support is appreciated. I also try to give that same support to others that are suffing from some of the same problems that I suffer with. Together we WILL get through this. We just need eachother and love!

I recently went to my dr due to heavy bleeding thought i was going thru menopause but had blood test and ultrasound and found i am anaemic, have a fibroid, and polycystic ovaries. i have now been referred to gyno at the end of month. from what i have investigated usually they do a hysterectomy but am hoping to avoid this. i am only 43 years old and this is so stressing me out. I am hoping somebody who has been through a hysterectomy can just let me know the real problems with it such as going straight into menopause… Also, something else I read is that I can be put into an early menopause through hormones to reduce the fibroid… look forward to hearing from anybody with regards to any of the above conditions and treatments… thanx

Hi
Natural progesterone will help balance your hormones and help you with your
fibroids and polycystic ovaries. And it also helps regulate your periods,
possible helping your anemia.

Hi Gnine -

Please consider trying progesterone first before a hysterectomy! If you want
more information on natural progesterone and how it helps with your
symptoms, you can email me directly (Gail@HormonallyHealthyWomen.com) and I
will be glad to email you some articles about this.

Gail

I recently went to my dr due to heavy bleeding thought i was going thru
menopause but had blood test and ultrasound and found i am anaemic, have a
fibroid, and polycystic ovaries. i have now been referred to gyno at the
end of month. from what i have investigated usually they do a hysterectomy
but am hoping to avoid this. i am only 43 years old and this is so
stressing me out. I am hoping somebody who has been through a hysterectomy
can just let me know the real problems with it such as going straight into
menopause… Also, something else I read is that I can be put into an early
menopause through hormones to reduce the fibroid… look forward to hearing
from anybody with regards to any of the above conditions and treatments…
thanx

There seems to be much more to menopause then just night sweats and hot flashes. Theres anxiety, depression, loss of interest in things you use to love to do.

Hi,

I’m 45 and was pushed into Menopause prematurely because of Endometriosis. I had a hysterectomy for the endo 4 years ago. The doctor left one ovary but it failed within a couple months after surgery. I can not take estrogen because that could cause the endo to resurface (yes, that can happen even though the uterus is gone). I have other conditions I’m dealing with as well - fibromyalgia, IBS, back and nerve pain, depression, anxiety (well, you can read all that on my profile). I’m joining this group to learn what others do, aside from hormones, to deal with the symptoms.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.